New Users - How to patch your TS2009, TS2010, or TS12 game

Good morning, just installed TS12 and the build # is 46957. However, under Options my code # is displayed and in parenthsis the build # (46956) which doesn't match my other number. When I try to install the patches I get the message that the numbers don't match. Any suggestions?

Try to just enter your user name and password under options. In most cases that simply auto-patches your game. Might have to restart your game for that.

@ Shane,
I probably overlooked it, but if not you might wanne add that as very first line to your guide. It saves people a lot of hassle if the game just does his thing: Auto-patch.
The guide also seems to cover some things that dont have anything to do with patching trainz and should either be common knowledge for every software install or totally not needed (defrag and clean up temps for example). That makes patching trainz look a lot more complicated then it is. In other words: Not the simpler you had in mind.

Last edited:
Stage 2 covers the actual download of the patch (inc. Auto and Manual Patching).

As for the version numbers, the important number is the one at the bottom-right of the Launcher, as stated in the Patching Tutorial.

Shane

So remove stage 1 from the guide and put it as a separate document. Maybe add a line that you suggest to do some regulare PC maintenance first with a link to that document. Currently you make it look like it is a requirement, which it isnt.

I will look into doing that.

It's strongly recommended to do so though to avoid problems during patching.

Apart from that, is there anything else on it I need to change?

Shane

When auto-patching, to my currently slightly foggy memory, you totally skip your current stage 3.
Besides from that, I currently dont notice anything wrong.

For the record, because it might look like I am only negative:
A do appreciate the time you spend writing these tutorials.

As I said in the first post, I'm happy to take comments to help make the tutorials better. The reason I kept Stage 3 in for the auto patch, as well as the manual patch, is because it applies to both methods.

Shane.

I have now amended stages 1 and 3 to reflect on comments given above.

I have kept the maintenance advice in stage 1, but have stated at the top that it is recommended rather than required.

Shane

I want to say thanks to all the guys who graft making trainz so enjoyable , Shane you can never make it too easy for newbies, especially the guys who have to catch up to computer technology like me who does not like too much paperwork and reading and was not first in the queue when patience was dished out.. ( assemble now till the smoke comes out of it and then only read the manuals ) .:wave:

Thankyou for your comment.

I know it's not going to be an easy job, but my intention is to make it as simple as possible to patch TS2009,TS2010 or TS12.

That's why I'm accepting comments on how to make it better.

Shane

You are welcome Shane. I personally always go for 'user friendly' and I think the majority will agree.
I also think you guys do it because you's enjoy it so you's will forgive the gimmepigs and the gimmedis and gimmedats.:D

Back