Montana Rail Link MP V2 OP-Session's (This aint your daddy's circle burning)

JIb228

Multiplayer Guru
General Operation Rules
If you pick up a car that is left at an industry, spot a similar car there. Watch signals and speed limits. Team Speak is HIGHLY recommended. All trains, with the exception of the Logan Local, must have a caboose. If you pick a locomotive, and a caboose, those are your for the session. So if you get a caboose for Livingston yard, you keep that caboose on any train you take with that set of locomotives, regardles of where you get your next train.

Logan
Logan is a small town yard with only on industry, Logan MFG. Loaded coil cars and flat cars with plastic pipe loads go here to be unloaded. But Logan servers as a key role on the railroad. This is where the Logan Local starts and ends. The Logan Local, LL, is the short coal run from Logan yard to the flood loader to load coal. Loaded coal heads off to Montana Light in Billings, and Bozeman Power in Bozeman. Now the coal hoppers can head to any yard then to the towns, or form the mine to the two towns.

Trident
Trident is a switching town along the main line. Here you'll find an SW1500 that is meant to stay in town, unless heading to Helena for repairs or fuel. Trident receives empty covered hoppers, covered hoppers loaded with plastic pellets, and auto parts. Trident sends out car engines, loaded grain hoppers, and plastic pipe loads. Ether Livingston yard, or Helena yard will make up trains fro Trident, all other yards add any cars bound for Trident to manifests that will move cars from yard to yard.

Billings
Billings is not only a yard, but a mighty industrial area. Just about any thing goes to or comes from Billings. That's why there should be 2 crews (players) working Billings. One crew will be making up out bound trains and taking apart in bound trains, while the other crew is working the industry's. In Billings you will find 2 sets of SW1500's to do this work.

Livingston Yard
This is the main yard of the road. Here is where trains for any industry between Trident and Reed Point will be made up. As well as manifests and coal drags.

Manifest's and Coal Drags
These are the long haulers with the big power and long cuts of cars. These trains don't work any towns, don't set out cars on siding's, they just go from yard to yard. At any time a Manifest might be set out from a yard if the yard has too many cars and there is some one looking to run a train. The coal drags are the same thing. But they run form yard to power plant. When they get to the power plant they unload their cars into the plant. This means that a 50 car coal train might have to break up into smaller cuts of cars.

Train 100A/100B 101B/101A
These are the two passenger trains that run the route. 100A/100B is the big one that starts out in West End. It makes stops in Helena, Livingston, and Laurel. It starts out as 100A until reaching Laurel, then it reverses stopping at Livingston then Helena as 100B. Each time it changes from east bound to west bound it changes from A to B. (A is East bound B is West bound) 101B is a small commuter that works the same as 100A/B, but 101B starts in Huntley and stops at every depot till Helena, then it too reverses back to Huntley as 101A.

Locals
These are short little trains that leave any yard and work a few industry's along the line. These trains might only have 4-10 cars.

I will keep this updated and add more as we make up more trains and learn more about operating this layout.

Last edited:
I can do manifest runs on friday. Question lets say I finshed my run with that train can I switch jobs to setting up a train in that yard?

Yes, at any time after you finish a run you can switch to a new job. Or you can relax and wait for the next job to come up.

I put some of your roads SW1500's on the route. There's on in Billings, and on in Trident. You said you like switching, so I put your locos where you might want to work.

Well its all approved and MRL v2 is on the dls, sort of. In a few hours it should be avalible to download.

I can't wait to conduct a passenger service! Can anyone be my engineer so we can actually do this like in real life?
and do the car have interiors?

Hey i m running a seesion 2morrow ON VERSION 1.5 starting at 5PM until probly 8 or 9PM. if possible i need a engineer and a dispatcher.

PLEASE REPLY TO THE FORUM SO THAT I KNOW IF I WILL BE ALONE OR NOT.

Sorry Tainlover, I was at work, making money, to buy food, to keep me fed, so I can play trains. I'm sorry if that some how inconvenienced you and your forum going. But train Lover, Ill be hosting my own Wednesday op session on MRL 1.5 or 2.0 all day. if you'd rather join mine you may.

As for your other question, yes the passenger cars have interiors. But because of the number of people needed to run the railroad, I don't think we'll have 2 people to a train. It can be done, and if we have enough people for the other jobs that we will have going on then we could put a 2nd person on a train.

I see that, and yet it says under my content that it will be available soon. So it could pop up any time. But for now Ill start hosting a session on MRL1.5 and Ill be on TS.

Back