South Florida Mega Route / 1600x900px

Getting back into it slowly... here's a sneak preview of some stuff to come :
54e4be632632441ac611e92100f03678.jpg

Nice pics, Tolga. I have always liked you Florida routes. Those signals in the third shot from the top protecting the interlocking...those look neat. Never seen those before, esp dated in 2013.

Announcement: My Return to Routebuilding

^Thanks for the comments, Cam!

Well, I'm coming back from the dead... but first, some Bad news and good news:

The bad news
My computer's hard drive failed last Spring, which means that my raw meshes for the signals and traffic lights are gone, as are the apps needed to make the meshes, DEMs, and what not. My video recorders are also gone too. If I choose to pick up on this route any, (hint hint), I will likely have to redo almost all the signals and FDOT stuff to have consistent content.

But

The good news!
First, most of my content should have successfully made it out of the computer which failed before the crash occurred.

But most importantly, I am making a triumphant, all in return to routebuilding for South Florida and even points beyond! Beginning in May, I plan to invest in a new computer to be strictly purposed for Trainz with high end graphics. No more slideshows coming from me. Also, full retention of all of my content creating bases that I had up to 2015. Part of this has been motivated by inbound support and partnership with newer friends in the hobby.

The plan is to thoroughly pick up on the project of the Miami Sub with FEC on the side, as was the design of the Mega Route. All new scenery will be easier to include since it is not a matter of one person doing all the work. South Florida Trainz Works is the working title of the new initiative to bring out quality content and make the routes an enjoyable part of the Trainz experience.

I also plan to get started on a working of the Crescent Corridor from Belmont to Greensboro in due time as well. Though, that is all a different thread.

Pics will start flowing soon as the route picks up.

Wanted to share a hint of progress... and something new that belongs right at home with the route!

923ad980a4c970cdb323ee304ea6478a.jpg

Model made by Nelson with assistance from yours truly

Thanks Cam!

Made a series of changes and improvements to the route!

First was the weather and ambient lighting. The route felt too much like California. So the official sky and light conditions now more or less represent a summer day in South Florida. You can feel the humidity running through your monitor! All that's missing are the swarms of gnats....

Here's Tri-Rail P635, blowing SB by 71st Street (near Iris Interlocking in Hialeah)

ea3c62794626cc285ed35ce437fea54f.jpg

The inclination is there... with the FECRS convention coming up it looks like the sole focus is now all FEC! The mainline is being worked on to Brightline's specs (Publicly available track charts!) and scenery is being laid without any hint of messing around.

Two FEC little champs on the point of the thrice daily port job

South Little River (NE 2nd Ave, El Portal)

6c214104a49faeb7aed726b346ddae13.jpg

NW 7th Avenue (SR 7/US 441)

e901dbbad56af73f6c20752d45d5212e.jpg

Iris Interlocking (one of my self claimed photo spots)

de6515e3280699cd3c5bac7ee67d61c8.jpg

Back