Tennessee Pass Route

thanks wilt.

here some more shots from TP. these shots are near Dotsero, CO. although the area is desert with sagebrush, i like the look with conifers and cottonwood trees.
thats all i have right now. let me know what you think of the pic cause i may keep it this way. -inprr

I LOVE IT with conifers & cottonwood trees!

Looks good to me.

Dave

The Moffat Route is still open. Nothin I heard about closing for some time.

As far as the Tennessee Pass route I've driven trough that area AND looked it up on Wikipedia and it said that
"Union Pacific has NO intention of re-opening the route"

But less prototypical. One of the striking things about Colorado railroading is the drastic changes in scenery from one location to another, many times in just a matter of three or four miles.

I rather like the desert sage over the trees, and the route will run better that way too.

i do thank you all for your comments. i will go the proto way for now.just to let you all know most of the content, (aka signals, roads, and tunnels) is what makes this a TS12 only route right now. TS10 doesnt support the road system for some reason. my friend lightwolf333 found this out before he left for washington.

hey man nice work on the route i love D&RGW and i know your or have been putting alot of work into this route but i want to ask you if i could do my own. it will be more for personal use than actually being released. i just thought i would ask you first since your already doing it. what i might end up doing is making a route of the entire D&RGW system mile for mile full scale.

there is just one small problem. even if i can send you the whole thing and you work it from scratch. you would never be able to put it on the DLS. the CMP wont do that big of a route and put it on the DLS. i can berly keep the CSP under the 170mb limit. the whole route from pueblo to salt lake is bigger than CSP x2. is not to discurage anyone in saying i wont do it. but it gives people a heads up that if its that big, sharing it would be the hardest part after you are done with everything. -inprr

i just ran into a funny thing last night. i was going to do a video last night. i had the DRGW SD70acE and the USRA 2-8-8-2 on a short train. when i started getting the train rolling the steamer wouldnt even move, but the SD70acE was doing all it could to get it going. how can i fix the problem? -inprr

im not looking to put it on CMP it will be my own personal route built from start to finish. its just you already did the route so i was just asking so that there is no mix up.

i just ran into a funny thing last night. i was going to do a video last night. i had the DRGW SD70acE and the USRA 2-8-8-2 on a short train. when i started getting the train rolling the steamer wouldnt even move, but the SD70acE was doing all it could to get it going. how can i fix the problem? -inprr

you have to run both engines separately meaning you get the diesel throttled up and then switch to the steam and work the throttle on that too. its weird that it happens but ive done it before.

Hi, INPRR. Iv'e been looking for a Tennessee Pass route for awhile. Your's looks very high quality. I was wondering if you could let me download the route? I am a Colorado rail fan, and have loved the DRGW. I also already have the Rio Grande roster basically complete on my simulator.

Thanks, Alex

I don't really need anything too complicated-i can install anything that's not on there already. I'm also only using this for personal enjoyment.

Alex

Interesting route...
Would like to download it, but which version is it?
The real Tennessee Pass line's last profit train was the 844/8444(whatever you prefer) with an excursion.
Maas

unfortunately with my back-up missing and my HD crash before december, it has been lost to time. im even given up on building big routes for a while. atm im working on a infamous layout for an already well stocked railroad. i will post a new thread when it looks presentable to me. -inprr

This looks Great! Is there anyway I could get a copy of this route? I remade a Rollins Pass Route, and I would really like to check out Tennessee Pass. I would be much obliged.

Back