Once Again the Heatwave Season Is Upon Us

cascaderailroad

How to keep your laptop running cool all summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeWpFmmBKVM&feature=related

Your desktop: Remove PC tower side panel ... butt a boxfan up against it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky_C287kAyA&feature=related

Calories to Kilowatts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAZIDFMRXY&feature=related hook it up to your fan, or AC unit ... and pedal like mad !

There are several other means of keeping your laptop cool ... Like moving to Antarctica

89606.gif

Last edited:
Put m in the fridge thai engeneering

Why not put them 20 min in the freezer in a zip bag and almost froozen take m out and you have a crispy cool notebook at your disposal. Than run a fan like normal and keep the heat away from it for longer enjoyment:hehe::hehe::sleep:

roy:eek:

I'll have to take a pass on the noisy box fan.:hehe:

I already have a 240 mm fan on the side pulling air in, a 120 mm fan in the front pulling air in, a 120 mm fan pushing air out the back through the radiator for the CPU, and of course the power supply fan pushing air out the back.

Water cooling does wonders for the CPU without the noise.

I think Roy will agree that's its been boiling here in Thailand this year. My new Cooler Master tower case with 2 200mm fans in the front and top of the case along with a 120mm in the rear is keeping the beast cool for now. Wish I could have it in my A/C room but no room so here I sit dripping sweat as I work on the route.

Dave

Yes Hot season is here..We hear in the Sonorian Desert are lucky in one respect..Unlike you guys in Thailand our humidity is only 2-3% on the average Day..But the Oven gets turned on towards the end of the month, we will have tempertures 112-115 degrees fahrenheit..

i live on the edge of the everglades here in south florida....yeah baby...the tropics reminds me of the phillipines

I have big 140mm fans in my tower PC and I have one of those laptop cooler pads for my Alienware. The pad does a good job keeping the laptop cool and Trainz from stuttering.

John

Well, the heatwave certainly isn't universal. A few days ago our temperature here was officially recorded as being lower than on Christmas Day, at 4C/39F, and we're not much higher than that now. Mind you, back in March we reached as high as 17C/52F... probably our summer for the year :(

I personally dread the coming summer. Give me the long cold days of winter and the cool days of spring and fall. Give me an excuse to wear a coat or jacket to obscure the jiggling folds of flesh, give me the darkness that I adore, (working nights tends to make one vampire-ish in nature). Give me the covered female form as to not remind me of my desires as a youth. The young glory in the sunshine filled days, so much to do, so many places to go, so many friends to go with. The aged embrace the night, the cold, as if to become accustomed to the eternal darkness yet to come.

That, and the TV shows are better during the winter...:eek:

O Euphod, without doubt the most poetic contribution I've ever seen on these pages, suffused with the wistful melancholy of advancing years. Very touching.

Back