Multiplayer not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can also confirm that the multiplayer and trainz chat are still down. Hopefully they are working on getting it back online.

It is still not up and they will not be in for another 4 or 5 hours. They should have some type of report to some one when this goes down so it can be resolved in a short time span. Not being able to use the system for 2 or 3 days is not good.

This is why we need a dedicated server.exe and an alternative way to connect when the matchmaking server is down.

Hi Carl,

Yeah I concur entirely.

For me personally I think the forum should be monitored on a daily basis - pay me Ill do it. lol

Having some sort of contact is better than none at all, even if the server goes down; the members can be reassured that measures are being taken to fix the problem.

I like many, purchased this game because of the "multiplayer" tag applied at selling point. Needless to say when the server is down it is not fulfilling on it's obligations. As a community we should not have to create dedicated servers to play online - yes by all means have this option as a choice - but not as a necessity.

I have faith that Auran will get us up and running as soon as they return from Easter. Once the problem was acknowledged last time, it was not long until the problem was resolved.

Regards Tom

I agree that it would be nice to have the software to set up a server and to be able to directly connect to an external server without the match making server.

I have the same problem as you guys are all having and i would like to send some coal trains to one of my friends to keep his powerplants up and running but lets just say that Auran gets the ichat back up and running before too long:)

This is exactly why the iPortal use died a few years back, you couldn't rely on it being up. If they can't even communicate with their users in their own forum, they'll end up killing multiplayer, also.

This is incredibly frustrating! Out for 24 hours plus and no response from anyone at Auran! Holiday or not, there should be some form of monitoring - we do it at work all the time because it's necessary.

Good Morning All
I have reported this to our admin, however he's not yet in, so it may be a little while before he is able to look into it. I will post here with any updates regarding this.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back