Help required to fix unsupported assets.

Madmacka

Hi all

After downloading the A & SLT multiplayer route <kuid2:106007:100006:2> and session <kuid2:106007:100008:1> I have discovered the following red content.

Faulty: Bridge Stone 1t <kuid:-1:101214>

with the following error(s).

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Error: The Tag 'unit_mesh' is not permitted within a container of type 'bridge'.
Warning: Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.

There are around 13 assets which are all faulty in the same way.

How do I go about fixing them? Or taking corrective action on the map and sessions (ie simply replacing the faulty parts)?

Any help would be greatly received. I must say it is a fantastic map ;)

Please note I am a complete novice, however I am willing to learn.

Kind Regards

Tom

Hey Tom, unfortunately maps with faulty dependencies cannot be used for multiplayer. Local modifications to the map, session, or their dependencies, even repairs, will also be reverted when attempting to launch the multiplayer session.

Delete the assets in Content Manager and download them again.

- Scott

Hi Scott

I have tried repeatedly and re-installed (the whole game just in case) with no joy. The assets still appear with the above error. (the session runs fine ;)) It's just that, where there are supposed to be tunnels (at least that's my thinking) there are none. So you drive straight into and through mountains.

I was thinking of replacing the offending assets with more up-to-date assets. Which I have started already in Surveyor. My problem is then how do I make the session multiplayer? As opposed to a stand alone session.

Download it for yourself buddy, you will see what I mean.

Kind Regards

Tom

Hi again,

Those eagle eyed will notice I mentioned tunnels in my above post yet in my initial post i talk about a stone bridge - which is outdated.

To clear this up the faulty asset regarding the tunnel is

old stone tunnel 2 track <kuid:111814:38014>

The other errors are for

Austin Large Station <kuid2:316:28003:1>
Bi Bulk <kuid2:106007:100006:2>
Bridge Stone 1t <kuid:-1:101214>
Bridge Stone 2t <kuid:-1:100611>
Mud logs <kuid:44700:27944>
Old stone tunnel (as above)
Skid log p4 <kuid:44700:22093>
Steam fuel filling station <kuid:64577:10351>

There are others on the session.

After reading elsewhere as I have TS12 there is no backward compatibility.

Please help and thank you in advance.

Regards

Tom

See if the assets have the green triangle flag on them. If they do, delete them and try downloading them again from the DLS.
Are the assets out of date? If so, find the latest Asset Version on the DLS. Ideally, you should have all assets up to date on your system. It helps to clean up obsoleted assets from Content Manager every once in a while.

Hi Scott

No green triangle and they are the latest versions. It would appear as if these particular assets are not compatible with TS12. (Confirmation if it is or not would be very helpful)

Do you only have TS12 installed? If so download the route and see if the same applies to you.

Nice one

Tom

Hi Scott

No green triangle and they are the latest versions. It would appear as if these particular assets are not compatible with TS12. (Confirmation if it is or not would be very helpful)

Do you only have TS12 installed? If so download the route and see if the same applies to you.

Nice one

Tom

The same applies to me. Because of this, the A & SLT Map cannot be used for multiplayer by anyone. Sincerest apologies.

Hi again Scott

I do not give up that easily.

I am rather hoping the author can shed light onto the situation. ( I have private messaged him accordingly) If the route and session can be amended to remove the offending assets - im sure this would fix it ;)

Regards

Tom

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am currently installing ts10 as another person who has just download the route and session without the build- number error. He has ts10 data and ts12 data on his machine. Fingers crossed this fixes it. ;)

Regards

Tom

Hi again,

Thanks to the assistance of Elzy89, who informed me that the only difference between our setups is that he had ts10 content installed, I have since installed ts10 - which I had a copy of. I am glad to say this has resolved the problem.

My initial thought is to think that somehow the asset on the dls is not the same as the one on the disk. Hence why I was getting the error. It would look as if this issue may arise should only ts12 owners try and download the route and session. Ill ask around and let you know of any findings.

It may be that I somehow corrupted the files (or something untoward) whilst downloading them initially and subsequently.

I would like to thank all those who responded, using the process of elimination the issue has been resolved...

Happy Days!!

Kind Regards

Tom

Thank you also to the Author Hert who has just informed me that the route was original meant for multiplayer on ts10. This goes someway of explaining why the ts10 install fixed the problem.

This beta has since closed on ts10. Multiplayer is available however on TS12 as mentioned above.

Regards

Tom

Back