So you think you know about Trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
If you wish to submit a new trivia question, please use the email address in the first post. The current trivia question is in the first post of the thread, and will also be announced via the Trainz newsletter.

Please do not post new questions in the thread, as this will lead to confusion with the 'official' trivia question at the start of the thread.

Regards

The line was completed on April 28th 1869, but as big b correctly states, the official Golden Spike ceremony took place a few days later, on May 10.

Al

In what year was the last Climax locomotive built, and what was the highest builder's number given to a Climax locomotive?

1928 ---- highest build number 1694

In the 1953 movie The Titfield Thunderbolt, which real locomotive played the part of the locomotive 'Thunderbolt'

lion 115 yo loco built in 1838

In what year did the Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ) begin operating it's Blue Comet service?

As part of the 75th anniversary celebrations for Mallard's setting of the record for fastest steam locomotive, two A4 locomotives will return to the United Kingdom for the celebrations. What are the names and numbers of these locomotives, and where are they coming from?

Dominion of Canada #60010 in blue livery from the Canadian Railway Museum Delson/Saint-Constant Quebec &
Dwight D Eisenhower #60008 in green livery from the National Railroad Museum Wisconsin

In what year did the Eurostar service begin operation through the Channel Tunnel between London and Paris and Brussles

14 November 1994

Q&A removed from quote

Hi big_b.

Shouldn't the question and answer have been emailed as advised in the OP, rather than be placed in the thread?

Most confusing thread....ever!

The most confusing thread, ever, is generally attributed to Arthur Spencer Carru .....

Oh, ... sorry , my mistake:eek:. For a moment I thought Ed had posed a new question.:D

Cheers
Casper

Big_b has read his newsletter early. I have noticed several times that the previous answer and the new question appear in the newsletter before they are posted here.

I see what you mean
It may be on the "soon" list of things to do!
They have been coming out on a regular weekly basis since at least May/June.Usually a Sunday night here last one was just after midnight this morning (Monday)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back