Any interest?

Mouse84

NS Dispatcher
I'm thinking about putting together a route and session that could be run like sessions that I've ran on my old HO layout. It would be the size where you could run over the road, end to end in approx. 30 to 40 minutes. There would be multiple yards and enough industries to keep a handful of people busy. The concept would be that it would start at a certain time and would last approx. 3 hours. It could also be setup with multiple sessions, where every one is different in regards to the trains and the work that needs to be done, so that it doesn't get boring doing the same thing every time. I would want to make it a reasonable size so that it doesn't take 10 to 15 minutes to load and doesn't take a hour to get between yards. Some of the MP routes out now are just too big. I run trains for a living and when I fire up Trainz, I want to have fun, not to become another job. Leave some input and I'll try to put a team together tossing ideas around.

Count me in. If there anything i can do let me know. I can put in INds,set them up,rename junctions,set ridises. Mabe someone can put in Buildings. I can make protoLars INds and upload them,just need to know what they need to have in them.

Mouse

Sounds like a good concept - shorter load time is a definite plus and set paramaters for the session is certainly a good idea. Much like MRL multiplayer. Just my 2 cents.

cheers
steve

There has been a problem with industries loading products in MP since the 2010 beta. I'm leaning toward preloading cars for the session. The road train will come in with loads, the yard crew will break up the trains and then they or another local crew will deliver the loads and pick up the empties. The only trains that will actually load or unload will be coal trains.

You could use the Insta load and Insta Unload commands in a session to simulate a crew loading and unloading cars. They pick up the empty's, then before the set out the loads they use the Insta Unload to simulate the care being emptied. The next crew to come along with loads would do the same. So cars would just rotate.

Guys-

A couple of routes / sessions that may satisfy the original poster's requirements already exist on the Download Station.

Look for "KrashnburneRRCo TS12 Multiplayer" and "DowntowTractionCo TS12".

The corresponding sessions are "KrashnburneRRCo TS12 MultiPlayer Session 1" and "DowntowTractionCo TS12 MultiPlayer Sesion 1".

In both sessions the industries are configured and freight cars spotted on the route, thought it's up to the team of players to allocate tasks to individual locomotive engineers.

The setup looks like this:

KrashnburneRRCo_MultiPlayer.jpg

Krashnburne_MP_TS12_CommodityFlows.jpg

and:

DowntownTractionCoTS12_1_map.jpg

DowntownTractionCoTS12_MP_Session_1_CommodityFlows.jpg

Phil Skene's Port Ogden and Northern route might also satisfy the OP, although I haven't checked to see if there is an MP session done for it; it's quite enjoyable with a decent number of activities and runs that don't necessarily last hours...it would take some coordination however with the single track bridges and such.

Kind regards,
Dave

leaf

there was a multi-player version of p&o n in beta 10,,, but man,, it would take you hours to run from one side of the ma to the other,,,, nice map but way to big......

I do enjoy smaller routes at times because more interaction than just sitting there driving for hours seeing nobody. I don't know if it will please anyone but Jib is making another route besides working on Montana 2.0 that will be like a 40mins run across it.

leaf

there was a multi-player version of p&o n in beta 10,,, but man,, it would take you hours to run from one side of the ma to the other,,,, nice map but way to big......

Thanks CT, I had thought the industrial areas were closer together than they are. I would be up for some shorter drive work lists-- I don't mind the long drives in single player, but I just don't always have enough time in MP to complete. :)

Thanks CT, I had thought the industrial areas were closer together than they are. I would be up for some shorter drive work lists-- I don't mind the long drives in single player, but I just don't always have enough time in MP to complete. :)

now, umr is a big route but the industrials are close to gather like 25 miles or apart.. nice little run drop in there about 8 to 10 players most of the time....... and yes team speak is nice to have,,,,

The Mainline and yards are in. I'm working on a branch that serves a power plant and industry. I still have another branch to build that interchanges with a short line and might serve another power plant in a later version. I then have to finish up the industries and add buildings. I plan on starting with at least 2 different sessions and want to have more so that it's always different. I'm also going to make the switching out at the industries a little more difficult then just pickups and setouts. You're gonna have to think about it. Just like we do everyday.

Back