Still haven't figured out how to search on the new forum...

dricketts

Trainz Luvr since 2004
OK it seems I can now generate a list of all threads I have created but I still see no way to pull a list of all threads I have posted in.

Any ideas?

You can generate a list of all posts you have made, but not which threads you have posted in. (My Profile > Find Latest Posts)

Shane

You can generate a list of all posts you have made, but not which threads you have posted in. (My Profile > Find Latest Posts)

Shane

Any theories why it would not have that function anymore? If I posted in a thread I probably found something worth fowllowing there. I don't understand why the forum admins didn't see value in theis feature.

Has anyone figured out how to search for members or member pages?

Edit:

Ah, go to your own page and at the top left is a memberslist/"yourname" click on memberlist and on the right is search members.

And now has anyone figured out how to search for all posts by a user? The only option I am seeing is "latest" which ain't a lot of help.

Last edited:
This should have been in the thread about the new forum. It might get more attention there.

I agree about the search system, it DOES NOT work as it did before and is almost useless in its present form. We should keep posting and complaining about it in the relevant thread , that might have some effect.

Peter

This should have been in the thread about the new forum. It might get more attention there.

Maybe but I feel like if we pepper the forums with topics about the lack of search features it will get more attention.

How can i follow a thread I've commented in without subscribing to it? If anyone has figured it out please post here.

Last edited:
Maybe but I feel like if we pepper the forums with topics about the lack of search features it will get more attention.

How can i follow a thread I've commented in without subscribing to it? If anyone has figured it out please post here.

I've been bookmarking them, given up with the search for the moment, that's going to get a bit ridiculous after a few days though.

I just can't imagine why everyone isn't having a complete meltdown about this. I'm close. Without this search feature this forum only has about half the value it used to.

OK. I think I might have figured it out.

Go to Advanced Search, select the Search Single Content Type, Search Type: Posts, User Name: xxxxxxxx Search All Open Forums, also search in child forums, If you want to limit the date range select accordingly in Find Posts:

Click Search Now in the Additional Options box. This will produce a list of threads that you have posted on within the search criteria. With default date range.

Yes you can do that but when I try it, it doesn't find all my posts. Of my 1060+ posts it says it finds 484 but when I go thru all the pages it stops at page 13 and only 323 total are displayed. That has to be a bug in itself. It finds them all the way back thru 2007 but whole bunches are missed in 2010 and 2011. It's still all messed up.

Bob Pearson

Your absolutely correct. The search feature of the new forums is still not up to the standards it could or should be. I guess our expectations are too high. We would like the search feature to be as good as it was before the the forum change.

The method i posted above is the best I can figure but it still fails to pull a lot of threads I've past posted in.

Back