Turnout blades

nahgallaco

Could someone please direct me to a tutorial which explains how to place blades on turnouts which don't have them.
I have many turnouts and I have matching blades but can't get them to join/work.
Some say they will find a switch when the scenario is run but it doesn't happen for me.

Last edited:
From your last sentence it looks as if you are trying to use Olegkhim's wireable points. They are similar to Andi06's ones in that you have to add the internal invisible track to make the junction (think of them as an animated scenery item superimposed on a normal junction). If you do this then when you go into driver the points blades will automatically appear. If you want a tutorial do a search on Andi06 for a link to his website (I haven't got it to hand at the moment).

Brain storm ... if the big bold blinding Red/Green switch arrows can be so obtrusive, why can't they be re-colored and have a movable points blades attachment ?

I've used some turnouts as you call them, that are all in one on TS12, I don't know what they were called but I do remember that I did a search under (turnouts) or it mite have been (blades) I can't remember which, I used them while I was beta testing TS12. I see if i can find the kuid for you.

the kuid numbers are
kuid:171456:38520 (this one's a dimond)
kuid:171456:38560 (these are two lefts and two rights with one lever to the left and one lever to the right)
kuid:171456:38561
kuid:171456:38562
kuid:171456:38563
by spock2004
and
kuid:276266:1032
kuid:276266:1038
by ocemy

Thanks guys. All fixed now.
My problem was that I didn't understand the instructions.
The CHN points worked when placed.
The S_Junctions said they would find the blades when run. I misunderstood this to mean that they would work the same as the CHN. Just place them and they would work.
Now I realise that they must be built with invisible track the same as all the others.
THEN they will find the moving blades.
After all these years I am still learning that I have to "read between the lines" for instructions that are taken for granted.
Thanks again for the prompts.
Stuart.
PS Jonathon. I have always called them points but I was trying to fit in.

Back