Northern Arizona Route

Heh heh. Y'all can call me Dinosaur Ridiculous if you like. I know of at least one other Trainzer that does. Anyway 'Gordon Do Me 55', how about some more screenies?

These are before and after shots. I took a bunch of shots through the process including textures I use. I’m going to put them on Casper’s “Scenery-lets get real!” thread in the Surveyor section. I haven’t put that together yet.
Gordon

@ 817TAYLOR, it’s based on a real distance of about 165 miles. I’m compressing the miles to make more manageable.

Here is yet another nature scene with a desert hill. I must like doing these when I’m too lazy to move on with track work. When I do start moving on I will be working toward Canyon Diablo, which has the largest bridge on the BNSF mainline in Arizona. I haven’t a clue as to how or who I could ask to make that bridge. The Canyon Diablo bridge will be a major feature on this route.
Gordon

launch
http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=9vgtdthjsi68j

Thanks Euphod and shaun_rt, I got the bridge. When I found out Bendorsey’s bridge was named Diablo bridge I was able to download it from the content manager. If I enter that or other related search terms in the black pages DLS I get nothing. I guess I don’t understand why DLS searches come up empty sometimes even when I know the exact name of an item.

Thanks for the comment maverickmc. These last few weeks I’ve been completing scenery on areas I’ve skipped. After this I can start working on Canyon Diablo and west to Flagstaff. I’m glad I’ve got Bendorsey’s Canyon Diablo bridge. It looks very accurate.
Gordon

If I enter that or other related search terms in the black pages DLS I get nothing. I guess I don’t understand why DLS searches come up empty sometimes even when I know the exact name of an item.

I was going to throw Bendorsey out there too- he made 2 bridges for me for my Mon Valley route. Make sure when you search the black pages to check off prior versions of Trainz- the Diablo Canyon bridges come back if TS2004 is checked off.

It's amazing how thirsty you can get out in the desert! But man, those are some sweet pic's! Really look's like MRL to me, great work as always.

This is not Arizona. This is nowhere in particular. I just needed some water.

oh man..... U got southwest Montana during fall (or at least it reminds me of)..... Please show more, I might remake TPRs MRL route I need to see how u do the scenery:eek:.
MTW;)
PS: very well done gordon!

Thanks for the comments.

@MTW, I was just taking a break from all the southwest desert stuff. That’s all I got for now. It’s just a little freelance route I started. I agree it has a Montana (or surrounding states) feel to it. I like MRL so I might continue working on this as a freelance route from time to time. I’d have to go back to figure out all the texture blends I used. Most of the trees are JVC payware and some Denlog trees. I also have some ultra shrubs set to autumn color. What it could use is some stands of aspens in gold fall colors. The ones I have just don’t look realistic.
Today I’m back to working on my Arizona route.
Gordon

I must say, I took a look at this thread and it taught me a couple of lessons for trainz such as patience and route building. Did you use Transdem to get the elevations. If you used Transdem, did you use basemaps or google earth as a reference or did you use memories and photos. Keep up the great work. It's amazing what you can find on the DLS. This looks very realistic.

Back