Screenshot of the Week: 12/25/11 to 1/1/12 (Warning: potential for very large shots)

Retro00064

Submission closed. The voting is here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=83772.

This week's theme: Lift or swing bridges (suggested by Bhorton).

Next week's theme: Cab shots (suggested by maverickmc and stevelerro).

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on January 1, 2012, at 12:00 a. m. UTC (December 31, 2011, at 7:00 p. m. here in the eastern U. S.), after which point voting will begin.

Please feel free to PM me with suggestions for themes, etc. They are appreciated! :)

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Retro.

Last edited:
Well...here goes nuthin'.

Lilb's GS-4 with some slight modifications to the smoke and Mars light to my personal preferences. He did a great job on it, I just made the smoke dark and the Mars light into a two-lamp one. #4449 is crossing one of Ben Dorsey's lift bridges.

Usually we have a few shots by this time, and I'm the first this week??? I didn't even have that bridge before this morning, I threw together this scene on my WIP personal route.

Last edited:
I shunt in the yard. Problem is, that to get from the top line to the bottom requires me to go over this darn bridge!

You've gotta wait for it to go up, then the boat goes under, then you wait for it to close, then you go across. It's really hard to cope with when shunting!

Last edited:
We going to have a repeat of the "Street Running" week, with only a half-dozen entries?

Why? If no one enter that, whats to say they will if your repeat it? And I doubt many people will will enter this too as there are few routes with swing bridges...

Stevo

Accident happened in South Amboy, NJ in NJCL because bridge did not close properly and It caused delay to NJCL Trains for at least a day.
@Stevo: NJCL consists two animated bridges and the other sea related routes will probably have animated bridges
700992a5ca989f860e5c9d6fdedee59b.jpg

"We going to have a repeat of the "Street Running" week, with only a half-dozen entries?"

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Wake me up when its over.

Last edited:
Even though people seem to be upset over this, I don't mind it one bit! Different Themes instead of no theme is always fun, especially when setting up the scene in trains for it.

On Topic: A CSX SD70ACE passing over a Lift bridge with a sign giving warning to watch our for rubber duckies! 10 more points if you can guess what game that is on the billboard.

Thorinoakin_20111231_0012.jpg

Lionel Train Town

Am I right or am I right? :p
10 points, please :hehe: :wave:

And if those trains don't hurry up, they're going to fall into the river... :hehe:

Last edited:
This is going to be loud!
Consolidation with a long string of coal hoppers meet a caboose-hop with two SD9s.

E2.jpg

*wheeze*
Just in time.
:hehe:

Know how long it's been since I last played that??? Must be 5 or 6 years...
I play it quite regularly.

Can I get extra points for this:
Full name = 3D Ultra Lionel Train Town.

I have the standard and deluxe versions.

My Dad loves the sheep at the wool factory. He calls them Protesting Sheep, and cracks up every time he sees them on the screen.

I play it quite regularly.

Can I get extra points for this:
Full name = 3D Ultra Lionel Train Town.

I have the standard and deluxe versions.

My Dad loves the sheep at the wool factory. He calls them Protesting Sheep, and cracks up every time he sees them on the screen.

Haha, Indeed ye get 13 more extra points! I love the standard version more then the deluxe but the new trains in the deluxe and the sinking titanic in Oak valley is alright with me!

I actually found the cheats to the game (the math ones) a little while ago, too bad sierra never kept the old website for them or the other awesome things they hosted like the old screensavers. Can't find them anywhere but our old 98 hard Drive!

Last edited:
Back