Screenshot of the Week: 12/11 to 12/18 (Warning: potential for very large shots)

Retro00064

Submission closed. The voting is here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=83108.

This week's theme: Street running (suggested by Carfreak4). This means tracks running down the middle of streets, I believe.

Next week will have no theme.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on December 18 at 12:00 a. m. UTC (December 17 at 7:00 p. m. here in the eastern U. S.), after which point voting will begin.

Please feel free to PM me with suggestions for themes, etc. They are much appreciated! :)

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Retro.

Last edited:
This week's theme: Street running (suggested by Carfreak4). This means tracks running down the middle of streets, I believe.

Next week's theme: Lift or swing bridges (suggested by Bhorton).

I would have thought "Christmas Shots" would have been next...:(

Hmmm, then I'll just make next week a no-theme week. Then people can submit whatever they want (including holiday shots).

Regards,

Retro.

Phooey! :( I guess I'll have fun voting for this week and next, but these themes aren't my cup of coffee. Could we please have a "No theme" week to break this run of themes up, Retro?

EDIT: just saw your post, Retro. I guess you're way ahead of me :D

Well here is my entry:
1957a2882a6ce0ae824c65423f577d38.jpg

enjoy,
hert

I hope I get my now virus-infected computer back so I can participate next week!

But I'll just vote this week. :)

A Southern Street Runner in South Carolina experiences extreme engine malfunction and spews smoke right into the sidewalk cafe:hehe:
wridenour_20111212_0000.jpg

The general is put to good use by taking the steam shovel to a washout on the blue ridge pass. Here it is seen passing through the town of Blue ridge, which runs through the street.
trainz%2525202011-12-13%25252022-25-05-89.jpg

Closest I have to "Street Running" in my screenshot folder when I was messing around on a route. Computer is out of service at the moment but should be running back up next week!
The Picture is World War 2 German Artillery, Tanks, Planes and others, invading Modern Japan City. The light in the background is the artillery gun's animation that is being fired behind these Train Artillery guns.

Thorinoakin_20111215_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Sooo.... :eek:

Is it within Da Rulez to change a picture you've posted?

Especially when you realize that the pic you posted sux cause 1) isn't on topic, 2) doesn't look anywhere as good as it did when you made it after a couple of glasses of wine :)hehe: ), and 3) you're a noob around here and have just discovered a way cool new (old) route that has some nice street running.

:eek:

PS, nice one Thorinoakin but where's the five oh first? Shouldn't they be flying cover?

Edit: Since I am not clear what time zone we are operating in I've just gone ahead and changed the pic. The old one wouldn't have garnered me any votes in any case (except from the haggis lovers), so no loss if I'm disqualified.

Last edited:
Submission closed. The voting is here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=83108.

Changing your submission while submission is open sounds okay to me.

The closing time for submission and voting is provided in both the UTC (Coordinated Universal Time; not sure why they got the initialism mixed up so that C comes last :confused:) and Eastern Time (EST, or EDT during Daylight Saving Time) time zones. Eastern Time is around 3 hours ahead of Pacific Time (which is what you use over there in California, I believe).

EDIT:
An old shot from ts09 on a route I'm contemplating if I'm going to revamp in ts12

<snip>

Where did you get those post-mounted yellow traffic signals? Thanks!

Regards,

Retro.

Last edited:
Back