Trainz 2004

Dunkman

I have recently upgraded my computer from an old windows xp computer on which trainz worked fine to a new computer. I have installed Trainz 2004 and everything seemed to be working fine, but when I get to the start menu where you get the option to 'launch trainz', 'configure trainz' etc and I click launch trainz the menu closes and the computer looks like its doing something for 30 seconds and then nothing happens. Is there anything I can do so I can get it to open?

I have recently upgraded my computer from an old windows xp computer on which trainz worked fine to a new computer. I have installed Trainz 2004 and everything seemed to be working fine, but when I get to the start menu where you get the option to 'launch trainz', 'configure trainz' etc and I click launch trainz the menu closes and the computer looks like its doing something for 30 seconds and then nothing happens. Is there anything I can do so I can get it to open?

My advice is copy the entire contents of the old trainz 04 folder into the new Pc
location should be er c:\Auran\???
or
c:\TRS04
basically anything but C:\Program files\anywhere
once done create shortz to the newly placed *.exe files

Also look at the config in options like direct x or opengl
also look at wheather it was a computer you built yourself or weather it was a of the shelf one. If you did it yourself fiond out how many thingsa did you forget to do...
trainz 04 demo gose on every pc i sell and not once has it had issues. \

If you have a new wide screen.....
one you get it working
add the followings line to trainzoptionz.txt

-width=1280
-hight=800

where 1280 is your used display widith
and 800 is your used display height

that will make everything the correct aspect ratio

My advice is copy the entire contents of the old trainz 04 folder into the new Pc
location should be er c:\Auran\???
or
c:\TRS04
basically anything but C:\Program files\anywhere
once done create shortz to the newly placed *.exe files

I don't have access to the old files, is there anything else you'd recommend.

I reread your orignal post and the answer is simple in the trainz o4 folder is a folder called video
in that is a video called LogoIntro.avi rename that to LogoIntro.av_ and problem will be solved
or delete it
there is a option in trainzoptions.txt that can be added but unsure of the syntax
That will sort you

Last edited:
TRS 2004

I have just upgraded my computer from PC to Mac and would like to continue my long-lasting work with TRS 2004. Is there any way to get TRS 2004 for Mac and then copy my custom files from PC into it? Or is Windows in Mac better, viable option?
Grateful for any advice!

Mike

I have just upgraded my computer from PC to Mac and would like to continue my long-lasting work with TRS 2004. Is there any way to get TRS 2004 for Mac and then copy my custom files from PC into it? Or is Windows in Mac better, viable option?
Grateful for any advice!

Mike

To the best of my knoledge the mac content is not compatable PC and visa versa. (WRONG IT IS)
So your options are
as you stated load windows on your mac
or
buy trainz for the mac which you should do cause 04 is good but going grey
I'm sure whichever you do will be good... As the content for mac is not compatible there must be very little custom content for the mac. WRONG PC and MAC content is interchangable
so I guess you will be opening the mac and letting the windows in :) if you want custom content

Last edited:
I'm sure whichever you do will be good... As the content for mac is not compatible there must be very little custom content for the mac.
so I guess you will be opening the mac and letting the windows in :) if you want custom content

I'm not sure where you get that idea from, but it's not correct.

chris

It would be better if you register you version of Trainz. Also what OS are you running (XP, Vista , Win7). This would be more helpful if you can give as much info on your system.

Back to my problem, i load it up and it seems to be going fine, then it goes blank and then a pop up comes up ages after i haven't put the right disk in.

Hi, :wave:
You still need to register your copy of Trainz, it would help a lot if we knew you actually owned a copy. ;)

You still need to register your copy of Trainz, it would help a lot if we knew you actually owned a copy. ;)

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot how many sneeky, sly people there are out there who pretend they have games and ask for help with them when all along it is just an extravagant lie.
And how exactly do I register my copy of trainz?

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot how many sneeky, sly people there are out there who pretend they have games and ask for help with them when all along it is just an extravagant lie.
And how exactly do I register my copy of trainz?

There are pirate copies of the game out there, registering proves you have a genuine copy.
Register using the big button at the top left of this page.

Last edited:
I don't know where my game box is, I think it's at my other house. Can you take my word for the moment and I'll register it when I find it?

Don't take my words as an acusation, I am only pointing out the reason for registration, also you will find that more people will help with any problems you have, if they can see you have registered (we're really quite a friendly bunch when you get to know us) :D

Back