TPR Sandpatch

N5VAV

TPR Route Creator
Hi all !

Trainz Pro Routes is working toward our re-release of Sandpatch!
We had originally released it Christmas of 2005 for TRS2004.

With the new seasonal items, we are now releasing it again with ALL NEW scenery items, trees, textures, crossings, etc.

I've included a few early screenshots of the area around Cumberland, MD and the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad just as a preview.

Enjoy!

N5VAV_20110825_0000.jpg

Western Maryland Scenic Railroad Station in Cumberland, MD.
Jointed Rail EMD SD60 demonstrator units.

N5VAV_20110829_0000.jpg

Western Maryland Scenic RR at Helmstetters Curve.

N5VAV_20110829_0002.jpg

B&O Mainline (Now CSX) coming into Cumberland MD.
Jointed Rail CSX SD70ACes

N5VAV_20110724_0001.jpg

Cumberland Yard

N5VAV_20110829_0003.jpg

CSX coal train North of Cumberland in "The Narrows".

N5VAV_20110829_0004.jpg

Just north of Cumberland "Narrows", heading to Hyndman, PA.

We'll keep you informed as to the release and sessions for Sandpatch!

This is awesome news Jeff!

Will it have different seasons? I ask from some of the summer pics you posted.

If I may, could I suggest that the WM scenic line go all the way to Frostburg?

Other than that, I await with baited breath.

Hi Chris,
Yes, I'm using all seasonal trees and textures so it will be seasonal through the sessions.
Some of the items like buildings, the track, roads, aren't seasonal, but they really don't need to be. I wish more people would come out with seasonal stuff so that a route could REALLy do it. But, yes, it looks good summer, fall, and winter :)

As far as Frostburg, no, not quite. It goes about 1 mile past Helmstetters curve, through the tunnel, then to a portal. The DEM runs out. If you can get a DEM from about there to Frostburg, I'll continue it on ! I agree it would be nice !

Thanks Simutrain. Working on getting it all re-textured now, then will go back and put in the fine details and all. :)

Anyone know of any good SEASONAL grass to put along the R.O.W. ? Some of the grass out there looks great, but it has to "die" and turn brown in winter!!! As of yet, I've seen none.

Thanks!

Nice job....Looks like I can put an X on this project of mine then, as thank god I just started this last week on redoing it cause I wanted a summer version, but seeing that yours will be seasonal, id rather have yours....Keep up the good work and this for sure will be a download for me, as this route will be ran a lot during the fall as the CSX and Chessie units fit awesome with the sweet color changing trees

A pic of mine that was started last week...Time to kiss it good bye :wave:

Hope to see more from ya :Y:

Hi WCL and Log :)

Yours is looking good to WCL. No need to stop doing it for your own sake though, as it is always fun.

Making more progress re-texturing with the seasonal stuff and all. AND, adding details as I go.

Question is....

Should it be in 2010, or in 2012 to make use of multiplayer ????

Anyone have any thoughts or preferences as which version to release it?

2012 so one could do MP sessions on it....Just my opinion :wave:

Hi WCL and Log :)

Yours is looking good to WCL. No need to stop doing it for your own sake though, as it is always fun.

Making more progress re-texturing with the seasonal stuff and all. AND, adding details as I go.

Question is....

2010 - but thats because i dont have 2012! :(

This is the debate we were having in TPR about this route, MRL, and others...

If it is released in 2010, more people will be able to use it - both 2010 and 2012 users.

But, for those that would love to run/operate the route with others in multiplayer, it must be in 2012. Plus, there are some neat features and content 2012 has that 2010 does not.

It COULD be that there may be a "Sandpatch2010" and a "Sandpatch2012".
In this way, 2010 users could enjoy the route, and 2012 users can run multiplayer. 2 different routes, 2 different KUID's etc. The route itself would be the same, just released in different versions.

Keep the discussion going. Thanks for the replies!

I've taken MRL II into 2012 and will continue development there as with a route that size and with that many industries, it is the perfect Mutli route.
Does anyone want MRL II in 2010?

I like the idea of a 2010 and 2012 version. This will allow more people to use the routes, lord knows that we need more "Anchor" Routes that people can use, make scenarios for, and have as a common denominator.

Chris N8PHU

N.S. Visitor

Hey all.
Well, here on Sunday of this Labor Day weekend and the traffic is up on the Keystone Sub (Sandpatch) including a Norfolk Southern tank train using trackage rights over the system.

Here are a few shots from railfanning today:
N5VAV_20110905_0002.jpg

I started out in Downtown Cumberland, MD. as I snapped this shot of the 3 NS SD60's leading the train northbound (railroad West) out of town.
This picture is taken from the Frederick St. Overpass over Henderson Ave. and the trackage. Queen City Dr. is directly behind the train.

N5VAV_20110905_0003.jpg

I moved a few blocks North and just snapped this shot just before it crossed Pear St. grade crossing. I'm standing on the corner of Pear St. and Henderson Ave.
Speed limit is 15MPH through town so it is easy to catch up to the train.

N5VAV_20110905_0005.jpg

Here, our NS train is passing through the community of Ellerslie, just North of Cumberland. Nice pastoral setting on a late summer day.

N5VAV_20110905_0008.jpg

Just south of Hyndman, PA is the community of Cook Mills. I was just in time to take one last picture as the train was in Notch 8, doing 30 MPH as grade is beginning to get steeper.

Thanks to Jointed Rail for the great freeware tankers!
The SD60's are this week's special !

Texturing on Sandpatch is progressing northward....
Look for more screenshots soon!

These shots were taken in TS2010...
I'll finish developing in 2010 and when it is complete, I'll move it into TS2012 and .....

RELEASE IN BOTH TS2010 AND TS2012 !!!!
Hows that?

Last edited:
Texturing on Sandpatch is progressing northward....
Look for more screenshots soon!

These shots were taken in TS2010...
I'll finish developing in 2010 and when it is complete, I'll move it into TS2012 and .....

RELEASE IN BOTH TS2010 AND TS2012 !!!!
Hows that?

I have to say please let me know when you are done developing this for TS12 because i would love to have some good routes to mess around in!! Looks fantastic!

Yeah...I give up on mine....Ill wait for yours....I am liking the way yours is looking :Y:

Back