Major Tri State Area Project

Nice, the LIRR is an interesting railroad. I have not been on the Babylon Branch but I've ridden the Long Beach line and the Montauk line. The LIRR portion of the route is on a hiatus but I'll begin work on that branch again very soon. Do you know if there are any DEM's created by Fishlipsatwork for the LIRR?

The Waterbury Branch, Port Jervis main line along with the Bronx and most of Manhattan is built on a DEM from Fishlipsatwork. The LIRR from Penn Station to Queens and Long Island is built on a DEM I created in Transdem.

Thank you Applegathc :) I thought an excursion trip on the Waterbury Branch with a VIA coach would be nice. It's far from home though.

Me too. I am really liking how this project is progressing.

Shoreline East Genesis locomotive hauling CDOT shoreliners up the Waterbury Branch towards Waterbury. Next stop, Derby-Shelton

A little bit of progress. Working on optimizing the urban part of the Major Tri State Area. I thought the grazzy grass with about 3 or 4 types of Pofig trees and the forest summer trees would be a good mix. Back to the NEC in the South Bronx :)

The route looks good. I actually was going to start the same route, Amtrak from Philly to New London, CT using Fishlips DEM's joined together. Also, add the NJT North Jersey Coast Line in from another DEM, merge the Harlem Line from DLS in (is there any restrictions on using a route by Auran with your own route?) I might merge Philly to Wilmington into the route, using one of the prebuilt routes, why is there a ton of them on the DLS by different users? And maybe Farejoint's routes to Wash DC or use Fishlips DEM. Flusi (Felix) made most of the NEC in two parts but his site disappeared and he only gave the download links to certain people. And he said that you can't add on or modify the route and send it to people or upload it anywhere. So, F him, I'm starting my own version. Someone made Secaucus Junction in NJ but it doesn't match up with the DEM location because it was built on plain baseboards and not oriented right. There's a PATH route on the DLS that looks like it uses DEM. But then again, what is the legality of merging other's routes with your own? Unless you keep the route to yourself. There's also a NYC subway route but not sure how well it would match with the route. My father who passed away March 8, 1986 was born in the Bronx in June, 1943. His family moved to Tamaqua, PA five years later, then Allentown, PA in the 60's, he was in the Air Force in Vietnam and got a job at Bethlehem Steel where he worked until March 7, 1986. The steel plant in Bethlehem closed Nov. 18, 1995. Beth Steel is now absorbed into a foreign steel company from Europe.

Good afternoon everyone. I am glad to be able to catch up on working on the Major Tri State Area Project. I am currently optimizing it for TANE by adjusting the heights of some of the grades along the route and adding new scenery. Below is a screenshot of a Metro North M3 and M8 at Williamsbridge in The Bronx. Sooner or later, I will have to make a graphics card upgrade. For the most part, it runs decently with the shadows, antialising, and high draw distance but even with the SSD, frames drop and stutter in areas with a lot of scenery and tracks.

6507336162c892215f5886bf1db8bb39.png

Excellent work, keep it up! I've been following your progress for years. Glad to see you still dedicating time to this! I know the struggle, dealing with my BART route, but when we're both done, Trainzers will rejoice, lol

-A :wave:

R33 5 train coming from the 239th st yard. On the layup track preparing for an express run during the AM rush to 180th street station. R62 2 train headed for Wakefield 241st street station

R62 2 train at Wakefield 241st street.

Back