The Frisco High Line

Just wanted to say your route looks great!
Been following this thread for awhile and just haven't spoken up, there's probably many others as well who have remained silent. The fact it has been open for so long and still getting replies is a testament in itself to what a job your doing.

Used to live in Green and Polk counties late 70's-90's really miss those places. If I remember correctly, there used to be a drive-in theater in Bolivar, not to far from the concrete Frisco bridge in one of your shots. Just wondering if you have it in your route, if not it would be a nice touch. I believe after it closed it became a lumber yard or building supply, but I could be wrong. It's been a ways back.

Will keep following and admiring! Thanks

Just wanted to say your route looks great!

Thank you for the kind words. It's really cool when folks familiar with the area chime in. :)

I wasn't aware of the drive-in theater. It makes sense there was one near that location and it would be a fun addition to the route. I'll have to do a bit of research online and mention it to some of the locals. If you come across any info don't hesitate to share here in this thread.

Thank you for the kind words. It's really cool when folks familiar with the area chime in. :)

I wasn't aware of the drive-in theater. It makes sense there was one near that location and it would be a fun addition to the route. I'll have to do a bit of research online and mention it to some of the locals. If you come across any info don't hesitate to share here in this thread.

Thank you, but some bad news..the drive-in was the Lucky 13, it wasn't as close as I remembered it being from the tracks. It was a little over a mile away. Looked it up on Google Earth and you can see it in the historical imagery. Time has a funny way of distorting things, sorry for the misinformation. That really bummed me out!:(

Maybe I can redeem myself somewhat if you have interest in these places.
There was another drive-in located in Spfd off the Frisco/BN line that runs through Brookline Station, Republic, Aurora and Monett. It was about 500yrds from the tracks called the Sunset Drive-in. The address was 4205 West Chestnut Expressway, Springfield, MO. If you copy the address you can view it from Google Earth and see if it is close enough to place. drive-ins.com has some information on it. This was my wife & I's favorite DI to go to. Sad to see it turned into a trailer park.
The Sunset Drive-In in Aurora, yes same name, is still open today. It is a little over 500yrds from the tracks there. The address is 1601 E. Church St. Aurora, MO. http://www.sunsetdriveinaurora.com/
This is where we went after all the Springfield DI's closed. Great DI.
Yes I am somewhat of a drive-in theatre fan, but they were so prominent in American culture and especially in the steam/diesel transition era.
Hope this helps some.;)

Last edited:
Thank you, but some bad news..the drive-in was the Lucky 13, it wasn't as close as I remembered it being from the tracks. It was a little over a mile away. Looked it up on Google Earth and you can see it in the historical imagery. Time has a funny way of distorting things, sorry for the misinformation. That really bummed me out!:(

No problem. I see the old site in Bolivar now on Google Earth. It is a bit too far from the track to model but still a very interesting find. Thank you. I don't plan on taking the route too much south of Bolivar but I'd still like to check out that Republic site. I played golf in Republic over the summer. :D

Here's some more progress on the MKT portion of the route outside of Calhoun on Missouri State Hwy 52.

dfhK79d.jpg

jGuORqp.jpg

woYENte.jpg

DnUAMt3.jpg

GJZYUd3.jpg

cE33cwx.jpg

A7H6r5j.jpg

Last edited:
Nice culvert

Thanks. It's actually three kitbashed assets that I have reskinned. I'll be putting all three on the DLS.

Nice shots. I remember watching MKT all the time in parsons,ks.

Yep. I missed the old SLSF and MKT days in Parsons but I travel there quite a bit for work today. It's still very active with UP traffic. I attended the local "Katy Days" there last Spring. It was pretty fun. Got to ride on some in the "Columbine" UP passenger car about 15 miles out of town and back.

[video]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-yahRD76LKXg/U4JEw34b1DI/AAAAAAAAmq4/svl6FxAvO28/s640/IMG_2991.png[/video]

igW0RCu.jpg

They also have a pretty nice MKT museum in Parsons.

MSAmhvV.jpg

What road is that in Pic 3 and 4

It's Z Funky Road 3A <kuid:267178:1583>.

Wish I was as good at detailing and making terrain like that. :'(
Those pics look so real!:Y:

Thanks. It just takes some practice and getting familiar with the surveyor tools.

Last edited:
MKT caboose 101 newly repainted from her old red scheme. It won't be long before she's got some dirt and grime on her.

Wso99vo.jpg

yKHrzvH.jpg

Ah, alright. I was just wondering because I was thinking about making the GM&O line from Mexico,MO to Kansas City,MO. That line is now formally the KCS Mexico Sub.

Back