Fictional Railroads

michael2541

Class of '10!!!!!!!
We all know that there are a few fictional railroads in the Trainz community, some are well known, others, not so much. So let's see what we have!
I'll start off with mine, the Buffalo, Charlotte, & Tampa RR (or BC&T for short.) In the group of people that I'm with, the BC&T came out of the ashes of what once was CSX (having gone out of business in the bad economy) and has been doing well since it's inauguration in 2008. Heres a photoshop of the first BC&T unit to be painted in the new colors, BC&T AC6000CW #6215. (TRS screenshots will come later)
255104_2024155453983_1546906618_32206662_2698129_n.jpg

That is a wonderful screen shot. And the livery of your fictitious road is quite plausible. Well done.

Bernie

I used to have the Silverton Northern Railroad Corperation. It was based off the CB&Q. Then when I decided for a more eastern prototype, I made the Cumberland & Central Ohio Railway. It is based off the B&O. It had one Passenger train: The Appalacian Challenger.

Fred

My fictional line, which I've been running and revamping since 2006, is Pacific Northwest Railway Company. Being that I've only recently moved to Trainz, I'm still working on getting my units painted again. I had a nice collection in MSTS.

But heres my first completed unit, PNRC SD60 #3800

7EwG1.jpg

mine

I have Louis Switching Co. of Illinois or just LSW and i have American Pacific Rail Corporation or just APRC and Western Rail or just WR. Pics will come later.:);)

WIP is the Levi & Appalachian Railroad. The line will run from Booneville KY. through Levi (where the line was founded) north to Maysville then cross the Ohio River and travel west to terminate in Cincinnati. This will be an all steam road.

to start (I'm scrolling thru my screenshot collection, this was first) not really a fictional Railroad, more of a fictional engine.
SketchUp2011-05-0317-33-02-93.jpg

Logo Mock ups for North American Railway, never picked one, engine never got finished:
NARLogos.png

A fictional shipping Company:
Mesh_Viewer2011-04-0700-26-27-14.jpg

(there is also a more colorful version, but I don't have a shot of it)

The Railroad isn't fictional but the paint scheme on this engine is:
Mesh_Viewer2011-01-2415-09-10-79.jpg

(Amtrak Cascades on a B32-8WH if you don't know)
trainz2010-10-2618-31-57-94.jpg

(Amtrak Bombardier Cars, "Corridor Express")
PerRock_20100529_0008.jpg

(Amtrak's promotional "Travel Green" P32ACDM)

If NYC was still around:
trainz2010-08-0313-52-44-38.jpg

P42 for the proposed Ann Arbor - Detroit Commuter Line. The line will exist, however they chose to name it "MiTrain" instead, and picked an odder paint scheme, there are matching Bombardier BiLevels & Superliners for the P42:
SEMCOG_P42.jpg

peter

BC&T 6215 may have been the first BC&T loco in M$T$, but the 8800 series (ES44AC) are the first to run in Trainz. (and yeah, 8888, haha...)
trainz2011072016241901.jpg

I have the North Valley Railroad, which is a transcon road using the old Milwakee road track and the dead CB&Q in Chicago upgraded to have the latest tech. They also have the Gulf Division which runs to New Orleans. The Transcon line terminates at Seattle with a yard there also.

They own a odd fleet which has about 20 steam engines in operation hauling revenue loads. But, the diesel fleet is the main Power on the line. 6/8's is EMD and GE. 1/8 is Alco, the rest is an odd Mix of FM's, Baldwins, 2 Turbo-Trains and 20 0-4-0 Plymouth's. NV has keep there own passenger service, refusing to join Amtrak.

Now, I have a Paintjob for it but trainz is not working so... No pic's.

Well here are mine:
Corprail
Tri-State Commuter Rail
Atlantic Newark Railway
Suffern & Eastern
Kearny Rail
New York & Canada Railroad
Niagara Falls & Albany

Edit: never mind. The picture didn't load for me the 1st & 2nd times I viewed it.

peter

Edit2: may I make a logo suggestion; what would it look like if you rotated the "V" so that the left arm of the "V" was also the right vertical of the "N"?

Last edited:
Back