Upgraded 2010 -> 2012, now a bit lost...

TrinityJayOne

I'm no Trainz master so I have a few dumb questions-

1. When I got Trainz 2010 it came with the "favourited" routes plus a whole bunch of other ones. None of these are in my 2012 list, even if I uncheck the filters. How do I get these back, plus my DLC (Murchison, etc), so that I don't have to go back to 2010 every time I want to play them? I bought all these on Steam if that makes a difference.

2. I went into Quick Drive mode on the Mojave Sub route, created a new consist list and made a few consists like I used to in 2010, but I can't find the option to change the list that the quickdrive menu uses so I can only use the pre-made consists. Even if I try copying one of my consists to the default list, it doesn't show up in the quickdrive menu. So I can make as many consists and consist lists as I like but there's no obvious way to get them onto the route like in 2010.

I need help! :'(

I'm no Trainz master so I have a few dumb questions-

1. When I got Trainz 2010 it came with the "favourited" routes plus a whole bunch of other ones. None of these are in my 2012 list, even if I uncheck the filters. How do I get these back, plus my DLC (Murchison, etc), so that I don't have to go back to 2010 every time I want to play them? I bought all these on Steam if that makes a difference.

2. I went into Quick Drive mode on the Mojave Sub route, created a new consist list and made a few consists like I used to in 2010, but I can't find the option to change the list that the quickdrive menu uses so I can only use the pre-made consists. Even if I try copying one of my consists to the default list, it doesn't show up in the quickdrive menu. So I can make as many consists and consist lists as I like but there's no obvious way to get them onto the route like in 2010.

I need help! :'(
1. Different routes are included in TS12. None of the TS2010 routes are included in TS12. The Murchison packs, and others, were installed in TS2010, not sure how to put them in TS12, but I think the add-on packs from Auran are not compatible with TS12, as well as the TS2010 stuff.

2. You go "Main Menu", "Options", "Global Consist List", then create a new list or just use Main List. Add the carriages and wagons there by searching for them and adding them to the consist list. Save that. Then, go to a session, and in Quick Drive, click on "SurveyorList", then change it to "MainList". You will have your consists there.

Hope this helps!

Copy the .ja files from 2010 built-in folder to the built-in folder in Trainz 12. Go to Options when you start Trainz 12 and add your 2010 serial number. May need to do an extended database repair from CM. Have not checked every item but it appears that if it worked in 2010 native mode it will work in Trainz 12. I also transferred Carbon City , Murchison, and other add-ons this way and they all work fine.

I always purchase from Auran/N3V, I would assume it would work for a Steam purchase but you never know until you try.

Doug

Last edited:
While copying 2010 ja files works it can create other problems, so be sure you use the right files. and run the extended data base repair after.
TS 12 beta testers are on this issue but not open to all.

2. You go "Main Menu", "Options", "Global Consist List", then create a new list or just use Main List. Add the carriages and wagons there by searching for them and adding them to the consist list. Save that. Then, go to a session, and in Quick Drive, click on "SurveyorList", then change it to "MainList". You will have your consists there.
That's how it worked in 2010 and exactly how I used to do it, but the option isn't even there to change the list now. It doesn't even say which consist list it's using, it just shows the items available. I know the list I made was saved properly because it's still there after a restart.

I'll give the file move a shot later, thanks everyone.

That's how it worked in 2010 and exactly how I used to do it, but the option isn't even there to change the list now. It doesn't even say which consist list it's using, it just shows the items available. I know the list I made was saved properly because it's still there after a restart.

ok what name did you give the list

what name did you give teh list

Back