Northeast Corridor

The Acela and also the AEM-7

Yea the Acela is about the only semi good content. Although its just a non error version of the one that was on the DLS created for Trainz SP3. I wouldn't even call it the AEM-7. Its the default swiss loco repainted in paint shed to Amtrak colors. And some horizon coaches in PhIII but all the these assets are on the DLS.

hert:wave:

E44 running on the NEC:
hert201105230002.jpg

hert201105230001.jpg

enjoy hert:wave:

Unless things have changed, Marcus Hook doesn't really HAVE a station; it just has some platforms.

I wouldn't complain about little stuff like this, subway. As you may have seen upthread, they are in the process of developing a highly-prototypical NEC route, so there is ample opportunity to tweak things like this, especially once the base route is complete.

Nice route, it is sad that those bi-levels and electric loco's are gone. I use to have them for 2006 but when I left for a while I guess I lost my cd with them on it.
I guess time to move on

jen

Hi Subway 125.
Sorry about the incorrect station configuration of Marcus Hook.

The goal was to get some passenger-active stations along the route so I had to use the stations I could, and that came in the game.

All the stations I used were the Auran stations and some others, not necessarily built FOR the NEC. That would be TONS of stations, as you know.

The idea was to be as accurate as possible, yet still have good frame rates for 120mph, so I used the best performing and available things I could.

The 3 scenarios I made did not make it into the route, but will upload them to the DLS pretty soon. 1 session for each season!

YES, the route is totally seasonal, textures, trees, etc.

I'm working on tweaking even more seasonal-dependent sessions with slightly different content to really show it off. Those will be uploaded to the DLS so we can play in the snow, the fallen leaves, as well as the heat!

Thanks again for the great comments on the route. I too hope to get the complete route done down to DC someday. All the track is in, but only about 1/4 scenery. There's lots of miles from Wilmington to D.C. :)

Finally Moved NEC into TS2010 from TS12

Hi, it is first time posting a reply. I got TS12 (beta) NEC into TS2010, and Now I'm able to put my Amtrak-PRR Rosters in the route

Sorry, No Screenies!

Did anyone else notice that glitchy cat on the single-track southbound Acela-carrying bridge in DE, about halfway between the state line and Wilmington Station? The spline actually dips down so that the wire touches the track in the middle of the bridge. Easy to fix, but it doesn't overwrite the built-in route when you save it. Maybe Auran will fix it in a future patch?

Love the route! Tried the session with cab controls a couple of times and had great difficulty not breaking the couplers - even using very conservative throttle. Any pointers appreciated.

CAT and custom buildings for development?

Wow,
No I did not notice the catenary dipping down there! I know it didn't in the original. I'll have to check it out.

I know Auran/ NV3 had to make some changes to the route so that may have been a casualty of it...

WIll check it out on my computer ( the original not the Auran one) and see.

Regardless, it will be fixed in the full version.

Found a 30th st station on the DLS and will use that in the full release version. Will have to set it up for the SEPTA line upper level station, etc.

Anyone out there want to create more NEC specific buildings from Philly through to D.C. ??? ALL the track is in and quite a bit of scenery, but no custom structures.

For example... need the Baltimore Station, Wilmington, and of course the D.C. Union Station. I've "recreated" them in effect, but they are certainly not real models of these landmark structures.

SO, any of you Amtrak or NEC nuts out there that would like to participate in developing the rest of the route south of Wilmington to D.C., your help will be much appreciated. !!!

Jeff

If they have the models on 3D Warehouse, which they do,Here, then ask ModelerMJ if he could convert it to Trainz for you using his Plug-in (to be released)

Jamie

Sounds like a good idea.
I'm wondering if the rendering will be "good enough" quality to be used in a TRAINZ route, especially up close like for a station.

Perhaps far off buildings will be fine, but for close up structures, I think a high-quality model would be best.

Will give it a shot though and see if he will do that.

As far as anyone else wanting to build stuff for Philly to D.C., let me know - I'll put you to work :)

THANKS!
Jeff

dummy

"racing a commuter train?" Stupid awful idea. Considering SEPTA is a far superior stem with better equipment. And amtrak is for long hauls of course you'll win. SEPTA would probably win if they didn't have to make every stop.

Leaving 30th Street Station
5704784165_66ecd2a84c_b.jpg

ACELA passing through the platforms
5704784189_76d49edcf4_b.jpg

Just out of the station
5705350324_d605a2dd68_b.jpg

Passing through ARSENAL interlocking. The SEPTA Westchester branch curves off to the right to meet the Octoraro
5704784329_0926c45040_b.jpg

Not the distance limitation isn't as pronounced as it was in TS2010
5704784423_6393bd11f0_b.jpg

Entering Chester
5705350492_384b9c65fc_b.jpg

Racing a commuter train (I won! lol)
5704784565_3faedbd349_b.jpg

Local freights usually only run 10pm-6am
5704784611_38b6cf3609_b.jpg

Entering Marcus Hook
5704784673_8321809d41_b.jpg

The NEC between the Delaware River and I-495
5705350720_dd39710b82_b.jpg

"racing a commuter train?" Stupid awful idea. Considering SEPTA is a far superior stem with better equipment. And amtrak is for long hauls of course you'll win. SEPTA would probably win if they didn't have to make every stop.

Really dude that was uncalled for theres no need to call his racing trains idea stupid or awful i think its cool so just watch what you say seeing as how your new and stuff cuz this is a peaceful community and were all friends here so really if you dont have anything nice to say dot say it at all.

So with that being said i think there nice shots RRSignal

*tons of pics in quote*

Terence, I think you need to give the community guidelines a thorough read-through before you post again. You might also want to consider enrolling in grammar school and brushing up on your spelling and grammar.

And commuter trains can potentially beat a Regional. Take, for example, the New Haven Line trains between New York and Stamford. They don't stop at New Rochelle; the Regional does. And since the line speed there is 90 MPH, it is possible for the commuter train to pull in front of even an Acela consist, which also does not stop at New Rochelle.

Back