Screenshot of the Week: Ends 4-10

jadebullet

might be back?
Sorry for the delay. Had a bunch of tests.

This weeks theme
: Shop shots. Lets see some maintenance shops, such as a roundhouse, engine shop, diesel refueling area, ect

Next Weeks theme: industrial

One screenshot per person. If a person has entered multiply screenshots then 4/10/11 will NOT be counted. Those who do not follow the theme receive 1/2 votes. If the person has entered multiply screenshots only the first one will be counted.

Have fun and please keep it friendly!

Also, I didn't think that I had to add this but post screenshots. Videos WILL NOT be counted.

If you have any suggestions for the contest PM me.

Time and a half...

timeandahalf.jpg

Edit:
My bad read post funny and somehow saw next weeks theme as this weeks, sorry. Pic been posted in USA pics :)

Last edited:
wow, that's amazing...but what's the engine off to the far right? I don't recognize it.

also, nice shot casper, i know who I'm voting for.

Could we also show things being maintenced?

Example: Railway equipment being fixed on the spot, or railway trackside things being fixed.

Cheers,
Joshua

5601683009_a965db1468_z.jpg

At the Carlisle Coal Tower, the old steam engines of the Williams Bay and North Western come together to fuel up and prepare for the day. One can only imagine the stories they must be sharing with each other, and all of them relishing the ability to work on a mainline, freight-hauling railway in 2011, when many friends didn't survive. "A drink to the living, a toast to the dead."

flatshop.jpg

A pair of rail flats sits in a rarely-used siding hidden behind the backshop, as the heat works on a thunderstorm for the evening.

Last edited:
trainz2011040916164106.png

Welcome to the locomotive shops on the Wild Lake & Nothern. This morning we find #19 building pressure before the day's activites. John is at the drill press working on a new whistle for #202, Bill, the one far back, is wondering where he placed "that damn hammer" again. Frank the engineer waits for the master mechanic Joey to finish oiling the rods. And the brakeman, Charles, just walked in with his dog Suey, ready to start again after a week of vacationing in the mountains.

Unfortunately, today the maintenance staff of UP's Stockton facility had a slip up when giving UP 5459 a quick wash, leaving the ground flooded with water around them. The pit at this facility is well known to be extremely prone to leaks and if they are unable to divert the water away, this day is looking to be a miserable damp labor in the maintenance pit with their 10 engines schedualed for a going over today.
NIARTcar_20110410_0003.jpg

cheers

Sometimes the basic stuff is all you need (and can afford..).
Venerable NYHD #11 and former Chessie SW9 #5092 idle the late morning away in the newly rebuilt Port Terminal yard next to the shop, awaiting the inbound carfloat to take the cars ready for interchange. :wave:

nyhd4.jpg

Back