BART Screenshots

Continuation of the ads @ 12th St:

And my personal favorite....
Oak-Ads8.jpg

I hope you all enjoy and get a laugh out of them. NO flaming this thread b/c of different political views and what not. I included the billboards not as any sort of declaration or affiliation--more just poking fun and the hilarity of the world. That's all--so relax a little and laugh :D '

You shouldn't have a problem. It's only the liberals that whine, snivel and complain when you have a billboard or sign that either makes fun of obama or is flattering toward Sarah Palin. In other words, flipping-out if your intention of poking fun somehow offends their liberal political point of view.

Last edited:
Can you have Some Unstoppable and Rails Across America Ads?

Sorry for the delay in the response---but yes I will get on those ads! 12th & 19th St aren't the only stations on the system with ads, so any other suggestions (without flooding the thread) are welcome. Just send [reasonable!!] suggestions to my inbox and I will see what I can do. I estimate about 3/4 of the system's stations feature ads of one sort or another.

A project update also---the rails I was using from BStyles were hi-poly and caused significant lag when I was trying to build Hayward Yard--so I have re-done all of the railwork from scratch. I currently only have subway tracks (dark and concrete) finished, and am working on ballasted tracks at the moment. Due to my love of outdoor scenery, I've officially decided to start the route from East Dublin/Pleasanton Station, and work my way towards the A-line to Bay Fair--then I will work down to Fremont, including the Yard. I am going to MAYBE shoot for July 31st for the route from Pleasanton to Bay Fair to be finished, but don't hold me to it. I figure a 4-station starter route won't be too bad. Keep your eyes and ears peeled!

-A :wave:

A project update also---the rails I was using from BStyles were hi-poly and caused significant lag when I was trying to build Hayward Yard--so I have re-done all of the railwork from scratch. I currently only have subway tracks (dark and concrete) finished, and am working on ballasted tracks at the moment. Due to my love of outdoor scenery, I've officially decided to start the route from East Dublin/Pleasanton Station, and work my way towards the A-line to Bay Fair--then I will work down to Fremont, including the Yard. I am going to MAYBE shoot for July 31st for the route from Pleasanton to Bay Fair to be finished, but don't hold me to it. I figure a 4-station starter route won't be too bad. Keep your eyes and ears peeled!

Thanks A for the update -- Looking forward to the day that you post some screen shots!:wave:

Ishie

Some Progress!

@Ish: Thanks for the kind words! You're truly a good friend and inspiration!

Okay guys, so here are the first four shots of my new and updated BART content--thought I'd share something, even if it's small. I'm pleased with the way the ground texture and ballasted tracks came out. Depending upon the BART car I use [the one pictured isn't mine, but a beta from a friend until I get mine completed], the third rail might have to be height adjusted. Anyway, this is L 07 C, on the Dublin/Pleasanton line, which sits in the median of I-580 for the entire run (after coming out of the short tunnel connecting to the A-line).

Now, with the last picture--can someone help? The "L 07" on both sides of the gate sign is part of the texture, with the solo alpha being the renameable part. I've tried rotating the attachment point in 3ds Max, and the letters on the white side still come out backwards. Could someone help with this? Other than, thankfully no real PITA moments with this set. I'm going to make three stations tomorrow, then start OFFICIALLY building the system!!!! :D :D :D

Ballast1.jpg

Ballast2.jpg

L07C.jpg

The backwards letter....:eek:
L07CReverse.jpg

Enjoy!

EDIT : The stations will have to be redone as well with the staircases, escalators, benches, and LED signs being separate objects. The photos above were from the same station, two levels, but I got the escalator from somewhere else and it ate up the poly count like no tomorrow. Both stations were....over 100,000 polygons EACH, not combined! So, I'm breaking it up into two separate stations, a lower level piece and an upper level piece. Since these are the only two dual-level stations in the entire system, I think the rest of the stations will have the escalators/stairs built in. However, I am going to build the escalators from scratch, trying to pay attention to detail without sacrificing poly counts & frame rates.

EDIT 14 July 2011 Solved the backwards-letter/attachment point problem in 3ds max--had to use the mirror tool and reference it across the Z-axis, not rotate it!

Last edited:
100+ assets committed---almost ready to start building!

Hey all--

I have no screenshots to post just yet, but I wanted to share with everyone in the celebration of an important milestone for me--more than 100 assets were committed into Trainz just now and work perfectly! I have nearly all the BART tracks, ground textures, and signs in game! The only things that are missing from the game are (obviously) stations, signals, aerial (el) tracks/supports, and of course the rolling stock. If it wasn't pushing on 3am over this way, I'd start modelling the Dublin line stations in sketchup. That'll have to wait until tomorrow.

However, the unilens signals did make it in game, but had to be removed to fix some bugs. Also, since I re-did all of my tracks, the elevateds need to be redone.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support and inspiration! Screenshots WILL come once the official building has commenced, so sit tight!

BART C-Car Interior

Thought I'd switch to working on the rolling stock right tonight, just to keep the project fresh and exciting. Finished the interior of the C-car, just need to find textures and such. I do have a few others on my team working on their versions of the BART cars, but I thought I'd also take a stab at it and see what I could come up with. Enjoy the pictures--tomorrow will be the L-line stations!!

C-Car1.jpg

C-Car2.jpg

C-Car4.jpg

C-Car3.jpg

Hey all--

I have no screenshots to post just yet, but I wanted to share with everyone in the celebration of an important milestone for me--more than 100 assets were committed into Trainz just now and work perfectly! I have nearly all the BART tracks, ground textures, and signs in game! The only things that are missing from the game are (obviously) stations, signals, aerial (el) tracks/supports, and of course the rolling stock. If it wasn't pushing on 3am over this way, I'd start modelling the Dublin line stations in sketchup. That'll have to wait until tomorrow.

However, the unilens signals did make it in game, but had to be removed to fix some bugs. Also, since I re-did all of my tracks, the elevateds need to be redone.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support and inspiration! Screenshots WILL come once the official building has commenced, so sit tight!

Hi A,

Congratulations on that milestone!! I am looking forward to the day that you unleash these pieces to the world, to share and stretch folks imaginations!:wave: :wave: :wave:

Good Luck, and continue forward with the Bart system -- it's a unique part of trainz that we don't have!:)

Ishie

BART has officially started construction!!

Thanks Ish! Much appreciated! :D

I officially started laying track on the BART System earlier--just from the end of the L-line all the way past the crossover at L35. This is about a half-mile route, which includes some double-gates, two TM zones, and the storage tracks at the end of the line. Below are some screenshots and some cab-shots (the last two). Enjoy! Stations are coming along, and should be finished being built later today [Reminder--only the L-line stations for now].

SignalsL35.jpg

L35C.jpg

EndTM1-1.jpg

EndTM2.jpg

DoubleGatesL35.jpg

Cab View:
LunarAspect.jpg

CabView-End.jpg

Enjoy!

The contents in the Screenshots looks awesone, A!!!:D

Thanks for the update on the route, etc!!

BTW - are you making your own 3rd rail track?

Thanks
Ishie

Tracks

The contents in the Screenshots looks awesone, A!!!:D

Thanks for the update on the route, etc!!

BTW - are you making your own 3rd rail track?

Thanks
Ishie

Yeah, I'm making all of the tracks myself, since BART uses a wider gauge than other railroads (5ft 6in vs the standard 4ft 8.5in). In addition to the fence track you see there, I've also got regular non-fence versions of that ballasted track, and (so far) two different versions of the square-cut concrete tunnels/tracks, and the rounded tube track. I have to look at Google Earth again, and my BART photo library to see if I'm going to need anymore track/tunnel versions. I believe there are a minor few I might need. Also, the el tracks haven't been done yet!

Yeah, I'm making all of the tracks myself, since BART uses a wider gauge than other railroads (5ft 6in vs the standard 4ft 8.5in). In addition to the fence track you see there, I've also got regular non-fence versions of that ballasted track, and (so far) two different versions of the square-cut concrete tunnels/tracks, and the rounded tube track. I have to look at Google Earth again, and my BART photo library to see if I'm going to need anymore track/tunnel versions. I believe there are a minor few I might need. Also, the el tracks haven't been done yet!

Hi A,

Everything that you said has given me promised, in using your 3rd rail track for my own El and tunnel system as long as you upload to the DLS, because i would need the kuids of the track to link it to my contents-- right now it's Magicland 3rd rail track I am using for all 3 systems that I have... that's it!

Yours' A, would be a refreshing site!:wave:

Thanks for a quick reply!!!

Ishie

Standard Gauge Tracks

Ish,

I will be glad to modify the tracks to standard gauge so you can use them. And do they HAVE to be uploaded to the DLS in order for the reference to work? Usually, I don't like to upload to the DLS for several reasons, one of them being that if I'm re-working my kuid table, I cannot just delete the file from the DLS and start over, like I can in content manager, where everything is local. I'm having a teeny issue with that right now, seeing as my 5 rollsign extension packs for Magicland's trains are on the DLS, so I have to work around those already used KUID numbers. I can put the tracks in a .cdp file and upload to MediaFire, and you could reference the link in the description of your DLS material.

I assume you want the ballasted, concrete (subway), and el tracks in 1435mm gauge?

Thanks! This was my first time actually building track on my own from scratch--and I had to work diligently (sometimes frustrated :hehe: ) on the fence and barbed wire because I'm new to alphas and such. But--there's more where that came from--going to start on some el pieces tonight, and maybe at least do a station or two!

Dublin/Pleasanton Station & updated tracks

Hey All--

Been a productive weekend, so I thought I'd share. I noticed while driving my little test route that having the ballast on the tracks, along with the ground texture situated below it looked a little funky and unrealistic. So I lowered the tracks to baseboard level and removed the underlying ballast texture. This is because there are different colors/types of ballast along the BART system, so rather than committing the entire layout to plain ballast, I'm going to represent the different ballast colors with differing ground textures for more realism.

Also--Dublin/Pleasanton station is finally completed! I worked hard all night to bring it to completion for everyone to enjoy! The only thing missing is textures, but that shouldn't be a huge problem. Major thanks and credit for the fantastic looking roof go to my good friend BStyles--who has been a major partner/contributor on the building portion of the project.

New Surface tracks (replacing the "ballasted versions"). Will now use ballast ground textures.

NewSurfaceTrackno3rd.jpg

NewSurfaceTrack3rd.jpg

1TOpenFenceNew.jpg

2TFenceTrackNew.jpg

Dublin/Pleasanton Station:

EDublin1-1.jpg

EDublin2.jpg

EDublin3.jpg

EDublin4.jpg

Enjoy the pics and show your love!

When the trains are ready, come here a beta version?

I haven't decided yet. Probably a short shuttle route, either between SFO & Millbrae, Daly City-Colma, or Dublin to Bay Fair. The cars are still a ways off--I'm using someone else's beta cars, and the measurements are off. Once I finish my cars, then I will look at releasing a beta.

Back