BART Screenshots

I will be creating what they call wheel graters---they are situated on the rails, and are about 10-15 long. They sit between the running rails and if a train's wheels hit these, they spring closed to force the wheels to stop. I'd have to look at a config and make them like a bumper's "kind", sort of like how I made the green arrow signals the kind "MOJunction" so that they'd work the way I wanted. I use invisible signals in the in-bound direction on both platforms, because it makes the two signals at A85 work the way they're supposed to (solid green for proceed, flashing green for diverge, solid lunar for straight caution, and flashing lunar for diverging caution). Without the invisible signals, they wouldn't work that way. And if I added another signal at the end of the tracks, the ones at the beginning of the platforms would be stuck at "caution", and the signal indications for the real signals would be messed up.

-A

oh, cool! so it's like ATC (automatic train control) only with an improved brake control when it passes the 'graters' area?

BART runs all of its trains in ATC. The wheel graters are a few feet past the platform's end, so unless a train goes way past the 10-car marker, it won't hit the wheel graters. ATC has been really good to BART (except a few glitches in the early months of operation).

Lake Merritt

Made it up to Lake Merritt, which requires me to actually start building stations now. Here are some WIP pics until I get to my favorite part of the system---the Oakland Core!

LakeMerritt1.jpg

LakeMerritt3.jpg

LakeMerritt2.jpg

Enjoy!

-A :wave:

I am very impressed. Kind of interesting seeing the freeway parts earlier in this thread, I drive that from Hayward to Pleasanton weekly. My father would really get a huge kick out of this, as he was on BART a lot in the 80s.

Thanks! I'm thinking of releasing a beta route of what I've got so far, with the only "full" line being the Dublin-line. Trackage is laid from Lake Merritt to Fremont, including Hayward yard, but all of them use kit-bashed items to form "placeholder" stations, except Bay Fair, which is using the Dublin station itself. If you guys think the beta is a good idea, let me know. Also, if you go on the BART website, they're doing some pretty good plans in the next several years/decades including express trains, rush-hour lines (Concord-DC, Fremont-South Hayward), and installing platforms and extra tracks/sidings/switchovers to allow makes and breaks of trains during rush hours at Glen Park, South Hayward and Bay Fair! Back on topic, if the beta arouses considerable interest, I will add scenery and passenger enabled stations on the Dublin line and release as a test route! :D

Nah, not dead at all. I've been busy with other endeavors but completing a majority of this route is in my Fall 2013 plans, so keep your eyes peeled!

More updates guys---aerial (or el if you're from NYC) trackways for BART. There are two different types---those with no handrails and those with handrails. Also, they have either depressed walkways or raised walkways. I have a friend who works for BART who has been very helpful with this project. Enjoy below:

Single Track with Raised Walkway
BARTSingleAerialTrackRaised.jpg

Single Track with Handrail
BARTSingleAerialTrackHandrail.jpg

Single Track with Depressed Walkway
BARTSingleAerialTrackDepressed.jpg

Single Track with Raised Walkway (no 3rd rail)
BARTSingleAerialRaisedno3rd.jpg

Single Track with Depressed Walkway (no 3rd rail)
BARTSingleAerialDepressedno3rd.jpg

Single Track with Handrail (no 3rd rail)
BARTSingleAerialHandrailno3rd.jpg

2T with Raised Walkway
BARTDualAerialTrackRaised.jpg

2T with Depressed Walkway
BARTDualAerialTrackDepressed.jpg

3T with Handrails on both sides
BART3TAerialHandrail.jpg

The next set will be at-grade dual tracks with fences on either side (most of the C and L lines run on the medians of major freeways (Hwy 4 and I-580 respectively). I also have to build the retaining walls/tunnels that are between Daly City & Colma Stations. Lastly--re-doing the signals and signs to reflect accurate proportions.

And, as far as rolling stock goes, I have raw models of all three car types done in Sketchup Pro--just have to fit textures around the model and/or vice-versa, so I might have to rebuild some of the cars. Stay posted! It looks like this entire BART content pack will be well over 100 pieces--I've still got stations to start!

-A

Great pics! Cant wait to drive on this route;)

Hey guys, sorry for the long hiatus. I was really focused on NYCTA and Valley METRO the last year or so, and those projects took up a lot of my time. However, I didn't forget about my home-area project and 2k14 will be the year that this route gets finished! I have resumed construction and have built as far up as Lake Merritt. I'm using shell stations as placeholders for all underground portions and "kit-bashing" the at-grade and elevated stations until I can get my hands on textures to build those stations. Sit tight, because updates will be forthcoming. Thank you all again for your help! To those who offered their help with the UP lines running parallel to the Fremont line, please PM me so I know where to send the route CDP when I am ready for your assistance!

Hey guys, sorry for the long hiatus. I was really focused on NYCTA and Valley METRO the last year or so, and those projects took up a lot of my time. However, I didn't forget about my home-area project and 2k14 will be the year that this route gets finished! I have resumed construction and have built as far up as Lake Merritt. I'm using shell stations as placeholders for all underground portions and "kit-bashing" the at-grade and elevated stations until I can get my hands on textures to build those stations. Sit tight, because updates will be forthcoming. Thank you all again for your help! To those who offered their help with the UP lines running parallel to the Fremont line, please PM me so I know where to send the route CDP when I am ready for your assistance!

erm valley metro updates :D

It ain't dead until I say it is!

Brought this back. Everything is from the ground up.

I'm starting from Millbrae this time, and working my way north to the Core, then I'll branch up to Richmond first. It's the second-short route besides the Dublin spur, and has a lot of interesting scenery. It feels good to be back on familiar turf!!

Very nice, but it looks like if you're standing next to the doors inside the train it could get a little windy. Looking foward to the development!

Back