Blueprints/ measurements?

GossenGarrat

I'm making D&RGW #50 (formerly Sumpter Valley #101 and a Davenport NG 30t gas/mech switcher) and Georgia Pacific #9 (the 2-6-2ST used in the movie "The Ring of Fire"). Does anyone know where to find blue prints or measurements of the two or similar locomotives?

found out how to reskin, but cant get the reskinners template off the DLS

I would suggest using a model that has color on it, mainly the black or the yellow model, less work that would need to be done on finding where the right color goes.

This is #50 in the 50's
drgw50.jpg

and this is the one on the DLS

Screen_007-5.jpg

and here is #50 2yrs ago after restoration
drgw_50_golden_co_11_jul_2009_006.sized.jpg

I couldn't find any, but I did finds a couple more pictures.
This one's from Don's Depot.
drg50.jpg

And there are some at http://www.drgw.net/gallery/DRGW50NG

A standard Plymouth locomotive is about 19 feet long and around 10 feet high. If you have a good profile view you could use those as a guide, since the Davenport is probably about the same size.

:cool:Claude

Thanks, I'll experiment with those measurements until I can find something exact to #50. what about width?
As a rough guide to small switchers, the Plymouth ML-8 is 19 foot 6 inches long over the bumpers (not including the couplers) 10 foot 6 inches high over the cab and 8 foot 2 inches wide for the 36" narrow gauge,and 9 feet 8 inches wide in standard gauge.
I'd probably go with the height as a guide, scale the rest to that and then make it 8 feet wide. Make the hood 5 feet wide to leave 18 inch walkways. It won't be the right size, but it will be close enough to look good.

:cool:Claude

Back