Mallet tank engines?

There are a few narrow gauge tank-type mallets. Just have your 2004 box checked and type in mallet. You'll get a few different narrow gauge mallets. As far as standard gauge, however, I do not think there are any.

It would be bloody cool if there was a UP 4-8-8-4T, which would be the Tank engine version of the Big Boy.... heh.

Oh btw, Things ran smoothly in winter in germany, had two FS Gr940 044s back to back pulling 4 ryback steam coaches. I also had 4 diesels on hand in case something goes wrong. I named the FS Gr940s Marco and Polo. The shunters were back to back also. Had two Renfe 305 Hydraulic shunters called Fredrico and Rodriguez. I also had two BR 08 diesels called Charles and Dickens.

Good god, I nearly wrote a blog there!

The Uintah (3 ft ga) 2-6-6-2T has been made but I'm not certain its on the DLS but its not payware. There have been at 0-4-4-0T's to 0-8-8-0T's but I don't think they were US locos. See a book named Articulated Locomotives by Lionel Wiener which was re-published in 1970 by Kalmbach Publishing Co.

Ben

I hate to be a thread bumper, but I will have to say that really does sound like a good idea. We need MORE logging mallets in trainz, like standard gauge versions, be it tank, tender or hybrid versions as well. :D:cool::Y:

They are one of those things we are missing in trainz that we need. :udrool::mop:

I say we need those cause I too like them.:)

Last edited:
There is one somewhere in Murchison2 Standard Guage too I think.

Edit: You will find it in the Murch Mill log dump route in Murchison2. Sorry, not able to get the kuid for you. Its been skinned Murchison Logging Co.
Suggest you ask Sirgibby at www.trainzone.co.nz He should be able to help. Its his route.

Last edited:
Very nicely done logging NG36 0-6-6-0 and tender
Your going to have to register.

kuid <kuid2:564419:1245:1>
username "Atlas Mallet steam engine"
Atlas Mallets for US use with AAR 3/4 size couplers.
The loco is somewhat disguised as a Baldwin logging Mallet from the early twentieth century.

In order for the model to work properly you have to download certain files from the Swedish E-buzz forum as you will not find them on DLS.

Go to http://www.e-buzz.se/forum/showthread.php?t=27941 and download:

STL Koppel 3.11.cdp
STL Sound Library 3.11.1.cdp
STL Common Source 3.12.4.b3.cdp
STL Trainz Monitor 3.12.4.b3.cdp

And also:
STL NGKoppel 3.11.cdp"

Last edited:
My update of Ben's Uintah #51 is on the DLS look for kuid2:243294:100250:1 Quite a while since I uploaded it so I can't remember what e-spec it has, I may have updated the e-spec since uploading. The latest e-spec is kuid2:243294:100249:2 If you get version 1 e-spec with the download let me know and I will upload the latest one.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back