Screenshot of the Week: Ends 2-27

jadebullet

might be back?
This weeks theme: On request, I have decided to make this weeks theme emergency or derailment themed. Pretty much, you are going to want to submit a screenshot that depicts something like a fire, or a car chase, or a fender bender. You can also submit a picture of a derailment. (Though I suggest you stage it via invisible track, rather than actually derailing. :p ) No depictions of death, or anything that is in bad taste.
I figure that this theme will be interesting as it will force the contestants to use some more creativity than might be usual to create the specific theme. Plus, I want to see what people do when they are forced to alter a scene to fit the criteria.

Edit: I just want to say that minor derailments are fine as well. It doesn't have to be a huge derailment.

Next Weeks theme: Water shots. Anything and everything to do with water.

One screenshot per person. If a person has entered multiply screenshots then only the first one will be counted. Screenshots entered after Sunday, 2/27/11 will NOT be counted. Those who do not follow the theme receive 1/2 votes. If the person has entered multiply screenshots only the first one will be counted.

Have fun and please keep it friendly!

If you have any suggestions for the contest PM me.

Last edited:
5463483261_97d4584432_z.jpg

Early yesterday morning i awoke to a large ruckus at the area we locals call "The Double Corssings" in Abervale, Mo, on the Williams Bay and North Western. Driving over to investigate, i found that the wet rails from last night had caused the Milton-Abervale Local to lock its brakes coming down the hill, sliding into a parked UP grain train waiting to be taken to the elevators at Milton the next morning. Thankfully, the crew of the local managed to jump clear and no one was hurt, but the big SD70M caused the three SD-units (an SD-38 and 2 SD40-2s) and the lead boxcar to accordion at the crossing. The Wrecker has already been called and soon the switcher will come and pull the UP train away. Still, it was a haunting event. We never thought it would happen here, ever.

Huh, interesting lead unit. Is it actually lettered LNE, or is it just painted like that for some shortline? Feel free to PM me a closer screen.(Sorry, I am just intrigued.)

Sorry for the double post, but I figured that bumping the tread for my inquiry would be worth it.

Anyway, I am just wondering if the lack of entries so far is from people not liking the theme, or if it is because people are working on a scene. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Oh good, I was getting a little worried. No rush at all.

It's common for more entries to come in on Saturday/Sunday, when people are home and have time to take shots. A majority of the community is composed of people who do have jobs during the day, so that limits their time to get something created and posted.

Steve

^ yeah, somebody got fired over that definitely

Huh, interesting lead unit. Is it actually lettered LNE, or is it just painted like that for some shortline? Feel free to PM me a closer screen.(Sorry, I am just intrigued.)

I can probably get one saturday, but unfortunately i don't have one i took already. To answer your question it is actually lettered L&NE, it's a fictional SD38-2 skin that cincysouthernrwy did on the premise that the Lenigh and New England lived long enough to relace its FAs and RS-2s with RS-11s, RSD-12s, and SD-38s (I've got at least one of all three types by the way, I'm in love with the L&NE's paint scheme).

PS you know what we need? invisible track that lays cars/locomotives down on their sides so these look a bit more realistic (when's the last wreck you heard of where the cars all stayed upright?)

Here's my entry! It's not necessarily a "Crash" but it is de-railed.

As a storm rolls over the horizon, an NS GP38-2 #5152 pulled a cut of tankers from a siding, it hit a bad spot on the rails and hit the ground. This particular siding is usually kept in good shape, but no one has been around to inspect, and the tacks have really gone into dis-repair (compared to their normal state) But enough about the story:

Not very destructive, but I think it fits, you can see the unit has sunk into the wet ballast and dirt mixture. The crews are on their way, and no-one was injured!;)

-Conrail45

"Yes officer, I do have a prescription for medical marijuana. Is that a problem?"

Last edited:
This little corner of one of my European routes has been seen before by some, immediately after the rail subsidence which caused the tanker derailment.

This is a few hours later, the following morning, when the cavalry arrived.

Cheers
Casper

derailcomp2.jpg

Imageshack

Last edited:
I see you got the fog to work to your satisfaction. :D

I was very pleased with the way the mist and fog turned out after bouncing around some ideas, and getting both humorous and sound advice, from others in the Surveyors etc.. Forum.

It’s now possible to crank it up much more than in the above shot. Problem is you then can’t see the wood for the trees.

Some, of course, may think that is a good thing!

It does make a pleasant change from the blistering summer heat of the coastal part of my Mediterranean route though.

Last edited:
Back