Screenshot of the Week: Ends 2-13

jadebullet

might be back?
I have decided to try and resurrect this fine competition in an attempt to keep it from dying. Hopefully it works. The longer wait for this contest is so that I can get the thread into the swing of things in time.
Also please note. The contest now ends on Sunday. This is due to scheduling issues on my part that normally have me away from my computer on Friday and Saturday night.

This weeks theme: Well, since it is the inaugural run of me hosting, lets start things off right with a No Theme for this week.

Next Weeks theme: Since it is Valentines day at the beginning of the week, I figure just a screen of the loco, or railroad that you love the most would work.

One screenshot per person. If a person has entered multiply screenshots then only the first one will be counted. Screenshots entered after Sunday, 2/13/11 will NOT be counted. Those who do not follow the theme receive 1/2 votes. If the person has entered multiply screenshots only the first one will be counted.

Have fun and please keep it friendly!

If you have any suggestions for the contest PM me.

Last edited:
High Trestle..

Bobcass_20110202_0005.jpg

Great Job Guys, I'll enter 1. BTW if this doesn't work out Jade, feel free to let me know, I can do it.

Recently Released Boston
Screen_119-1.jpg

Josh

Last edited:
I can't see... *cough* :p :hehe:
I take absolutely no responsibility for any ill health effects!:p

~snip~ I wish I could create American steam scenes as good as your British scenes. Nice and gritty.

Thanks motorbreath. There’s no big secret. You can get this effect with any loco and it’s not too difficult. The heavy smoke is generated from one additional asset:

Black smoke ground – kuid:101031:60048 available from the DLS as I recall.

I’ve got a couple lying in the loco shed to supplement the smoke and steam already built into the locos. It drifts around a lot, so I used pause in Driver to freeze the best effect before taking the screenshot.

Cheers
Casper
:)

Nothing has changed.

Say Casper, can I call you Casper? :) Do you know if the black smoke is available on another website, besides the DSL? That's a very nice effect and wonderful screen shot, BTW.

West of Denver Extension-Coors Brewery, Golden, CO

WOD-CoorsNew2.jpg

Looking SE from CO Hwy 58 at Golden, CO. Coors switcher works the upper yard.

Last edited:
Back