Screenshot of the Week. 1/23 - 1/29

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
Another week of SotW has begun!
We have a theme this week...an advanced theme too...

Here is this week's challenge:
Your shot must depict a Midwestern Rural/Farm area (USA only)
Your shot must be diesel power only.

Rule are:
One entry per person.
If you post, you must be entering, no comments, just entries.
You may not enter after 1/29/11.
Have Fun With It.

Cheers,
Woody

Oh Woody. I knew you'd get pulled into this sooner or later! I wish you'd stay with this longer, you'd be driven into madness, buddy. Anyway, here be my shot.

13a94487cd208088c785d358a0a6ed36.jpg

I haven't brought these boys into a route in a long time. Thanks to RRMods for this sweet power!

Steve

Amtrak.jpg

Testing the new Talgo trainset that came some days ago from Spain

Last edited:
Well I am back, and I will be taking over the Screenshot of the Week like planned.

Cheers,
JRT

So...is the "gag rule" still in place? A bit silly if you ask me...
After all...this is supposed to be fun.

Cheers,
Fred

Here is this week's challenge:
Your shot must depict a Midwestern Rural/Farm area (USA only)

Why restrict participation?? - penalise those who have no idea about US Midwestern Rural/Farm ops. Hardly a huge number of entries is it??

Thought the idea was to retain enthusiasm - and with Zorronov on it being fun as well.

You'll kill the concept this way.

Last edited:
Why restrict participation?? - penalise those who have no idea about US Midwestern Rural/Farm ops. Hardly a huge number of entries is it??

Thought the idea was to retain enthusiasm - and with Zorronov on it being fun as well.

It was a good opportunity to do a bit of research and put together a little something in order to enter the competition. I know nothing about the subject in question, but have learnt a bit more as a result. I agree, though - subject far too narrow and restrictive.

Not that there was much point. No final count or announcement - and not for the first time.

Another wasted evening!

So...is the "gag rule" still in place? A bit silly if you ask me...
After all...this is supposed to be fun.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred,

You’ve broken the “gagging order” rule and are therefore eliminated!:hehe:

Damn – so am I now!:eek:

Casper
:(

p.s. Fred, I just love the effect you have created in your shot with those wind beaten crops in the foreground. Contrasted with the half buried tractor to brilliantly show off the crop height – nice work!:Y:

Last edited:
I thought that some of the competitions were limited to certain scenarios, but others were not scene specific, depending on the week. It seems it was that way in the past, but hey that's just my recollection. :)

Cheers

AJ

You could just about take a shot of Australia in some parts and it be yank looking and with an oz engine

Still, horrible restriction

No more stupid restrictions, choose something advanced everyone can do,
eg. bad weather, or tropics etc.

Jamie

A Reading freight heads around Zehner's bend to service the grain transloading facility there.
38c58644721d453aff09b31197975bf3.jpg

What? It is in the midwestern western part of the state.

I thought that some of the competitions were limited to certain scenarios, but others were not scene specific, depending on the week. It seems it was that way in the past, but hey that's just my recollection. :)

Cheers

AJ

We’ve had several “single” topics, e.g. bridges, cities, rural, coastal, mountains, goods, passenger, and stations.

Some were quite novel, e.g. any country other than your own

Others were specific to train power type – steam, diesel, electric

Some were seasonal or festively topical.

Combining two elements might just work.

Combining three won’t attract many entries IMHO.

We had four this week!

Cheers
Casper
:eek:

so I support how he did it maybe some people shine in specifics details like me usually I have no clue what to post but if I get a specific topic my Ideas go crazy were I am setting up small routes just to get the picture I wanted

Thanks for your opinion.
I was put in charge of this for one week and I will proceed with the restrictions as I see fit. I wished to create a challenge, thus I did. Appearantly I did as you have not posted to enter, but rather complain.
To the others who have chosen to enjoy this opportunity, good luck!

Cheers,
Woody

Thanks for your opinion.
I was put in charge of this for one week and I will proceed with the restrictions as I see fit. I wished to create a challenge, thus I did. Appearantly I did as you have not posted to enter, but rather complain.
To the others who have chosen to enjoy this opportunity, good luck!

Cheers,
Woody

Complain?? :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: If you seriously believe that was a complaint then you have a rather cantankerous and pessimistic view on life.

Here's hoping the judging of the colossal quantity of entries for this week is successful.

Last edited:
Back