Drivable Boats

jukeboxblues

Driver Tom
Does anyone know if there are drivable boats for TRS2009 other than the tugboats by Vulcan? I see many boats on the DLS but they are listed in the Misc Category instead of the Vehicle Category.

Thanks for your help.

Driveable boats

I have four driveable boats, you can find them in the trains category on the DLS. I have TC1&2 so I don't know if they work in TRS2009, but you can try.

1. BOAT - steam ship, cruise, by brook
2. City Cat Ferry, by vulcan
3. Oil Tanker Amanda Stewart, by vulcan
4. Oil Tanker Global Oil, by vulcan

For the City Cat ferry, which is passenger enabled, you will want one or more of vulcan's City Cat Landings

Does anyone know if there are drivable boats for TRS2009 .....I see many boats on the DLS but they are listed in the Misc Category instead of the Vehicle Category.....

Try looking under Category = "Locomotive" and using search terms like "Ship", "schooner", "submarine" - and any others you can think of !

These are built to TS2010, not sure about 09:

MS Meissen,<kuid:68787:1173>
MS Rathen,<kuid:68787:1160>
MS Pirna,<kuid:68787:1174>

I have made a number of driveable ships by using static scenery ships with cyberstorm's adapter assets which can make any scenery object driveable. They work very well in TRS2006 and TS2009 once you learn the process which is detailed in the readme files in the kuids.

These adapter kuids are;
kuid2:78193:900:1 Driveable Vehicle
kuid2:78193:910:1 Driveable Barge
kuid2:78193:920:1 Driveable Ship
kuid2:78193:950:1 Driveable Superadapter

Scottish

Is this something you do in the config file or what?

Are you asking how to use the adapter kuids I mentioned?

If this is your question, download these kuids and follow the instructions in the readme files. In simple terms, you clone the one you are going to use then edit the config.txt file to associate the mesh in the adapter kuid with the kuid of the scenery object you want to make driveable.

There are 4 alternative adapter kuids each one suited to different types of driveable purposes eg. vehicles to run directly on normal track, ships to run on invisible track below water level etc.

Scottish

Back