BR System

CamJhock

Im building the british rail system.could u british fans out there build the trains and send me the links/kuids to my account
thx:)

Last edited:
That's a very big ask, & a very big project don't think you will have much luck with that. Just try your building your local line, or downloading routes & locos/stock from from the DLS.

Maybe!

Hi I might be able to build some, however it depends wether my computer works. Tell me which one's and I will try my best.

No promises!

Uracco

The likely ones on that stretch of line are:

Class 221 - Payware from Railwaves
Class 90 - On DLS - various authors
Class 321/350 - 321s are available under username nexusdj, the Class 350s are not yet available.
Class 377 - Payware from Railwaves
Class 390 - look under nexusdj for the latest version

Freight

Class 86 - should be on DLS
Class 66 - on DLS under various authors

Class 325 Royal Mail - look under nexusdj on the DLS.

If you come to do the Bletchley-Bedford line, you will also need some class 150s and possibly some class 153s (both are on the DLS)

This is not an exhaustive list, and there may be more.

Shane

EDIT: CamJHock, please remove your email address from your first post. If people need your email address, they will PM (private message) you - also, this part of the forum is public (and does not require login to view, so spammers can harvest your email address and send you a lot of spam)

Last edited:
With the ECML from KGX to York and most of its branches in TS2010 a fair chunk of the UK is already in Trainz by default.

Still I guess 2.5 miles from MKC to Bletchley is a start...

a bit off topic but does anyone know whats happening to the other half of the east coast mainline from york to waverly.

cheers bob

BR Signalling

Is there anyone out there that can help me with understanding how prototypical BR signalling works. Am ashamed to say that I am the son of an ex GWR / BR diiver and all I was interested in watching tains out of Paddington, didnt care about signals. Why if I put an approach signal with a feather that points right does the train ignore this and go straight on or vice versa, I understand the block principle, but just want an idiots guide to BR signalling practice or the 60s - 70s. Thanks for any help I may recieve.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just launched my layout and the memory is completely erased!!!!!!! Now I have to start over:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :mop: :( :( :( :(

Back