Trainz for Android

Mick_Berg

This seems crazy to me, it's hard enough working on Surveyor on a 19" monitor, what's it going to be like on my tiny little Aria Android 'phone? But I will almost certainly buy it when it comes out, it's just, like, sooooooo awesome....:udrool:

Mick Berg.;)

There are some really powerful 10" android devices on the way, with loads more ram and a little more CPU-power than the iPad 2.
So it seams reasonable to work on an android app too.

Hi Everybody.
I purchased the Samsung galaxy S tablet in the 7 inch version 2 weeks ago and have found it to be a really great buy. I knew the 10 inch version was about to be released but comparing it with the iPad (which is 10 inch) in-store i bought the 7 inch Samsung as it would fit easily into my pockets which obviously saves having to carry any sort of bag with you.

The Samsung android also has the advantages of being a phone and a satnav which also saves having to carry other items. So far I have taken it to meetings, a weekend away and to watch Manchester United where I got some great pictures and video and can therefore conclude all where a great success.

However, the 10 inch version about to be released will have a lot more "clout" hardware wise but I'm not sure I would wish to run Trainz on it. However, if the iPad version has been a success in any way I feel that a android version should also be released as it would seem that it may well be the only serious challenger to Ipad.

Tablet computers are without doubt the future of mobile computing. They will be purchased for various reasons with the main one being office operations (such as meetings) where they have numerous advantages over the now traditional laptop. That said I still feel that the best place for Trainz is still a high-end PC with a large screen monitor where on my system it runs flawlessly.

Just some thoughts

Bill:)

Last edited:
Hi Everybody.
Apologies for bumping this thread, but does any forum member know if there is any update or progress on the android version of Trainz.

My galaxy tab has become a major part of my life and has replaced my laptop for all my work and especially in meetings. However, I spend many hours traveling by train and hanging around on railway stations so it would be very nice to have trainz on the galaxy to have a drive myself while waiting.

I might also give route creation ago while on stations as I would have plenty to reference my creations on.

Bill:D

Hi Everybody.
Apologies for bumping this thread, but does any forum member know if there is any update or progress on the android version of Trainz.

My galaxy tab has become a major part of my life and has replaced my laptop for all my work and especially in meetings. However, I spend many hours traveling by train and hanging around on railway stations so it would be very nice to have trainz on the galaxy to have a drive myself while waiting.

I might also give route creation ago while on stations as I would have plenty to reference my creations on.

Bill:D

Do you habitually hang around stations with your 7 inches?

Back