Trainz: A New Era Pre-Orders Have Now Arrived! - Visit our Information Page to find out more.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trainz.luvr.net hacked?

United States of America, New York, Bronx

Exclamation trainz.luvr.net hacked?

In both firefox and IE. Each time I go to the website, it read's "Hacked By Eboz". Sometimes it will take me to this page where it reads that they moved to a new web-host or something like that. But then that hack page loads up.

What happened? I wanted to get that R143 Beta subway car and some others but now this happened? Any clues?
    Last edited by aking4125; December 6th, 2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Webhost has been hacked and can cause a dangerous virus to spread.

United States of America, Louisiana, Metairie In Jefferson Parish
    Blog Entries

Same story here.
    Was going to download a DDA40X

Blog Entries

Looks like it has indeed been affected - the best thing to do is to contact the site owners (of trainz.luvr.net), rather than posting details here.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

United States of America, Ohio, Beavercreek

It has in fact been hacked. PLEASE do NOT post the link to it in it's entirety. That's an open invitation to anyone who clicks on it to get attacked.

I used link-examination software and it indeed was hacked. There is a potentially dangerous virus there now.

Please edit your post.

Bill

Thank heavens their content wasn't hosted on the DLS where they'd lose their creative control over their work, eh?
    Nikki

Blog Entries

To protect others, the original poster on this thread needs to remove the link.

Shane
    Shane Turner

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HiBaller View Post
    It has in fact been hacked. PLEASE do NOT post the link to it in it's entirety. That's an open invitation to anyone who clicks on it to get attacked.

I used link-examination software and it indeed was hacked. There is a potentially dangerous virus there now.

Please edit your post.

Bill
    Good advice there. I Have deiced to scan my computer now. I clicked on it without knowing it was hacked before this thread was started.

@aking4125-please remove the link before some of our computers die.

United States of America, Ohio, Beavercreek

I just completed a full scan by MalwareBytes and Avast! There doesn't seem to be any 'pushing' from the site - especially since I use Firefox and have my scripts blocked for all but a few sites.

Definitely need to remove - or alter - that link though.

EDIT: Of course, it's entirely possible since the original poster said "In both firefox and IE. Each time I go to the website..." that his computer is now non-compos-mentos and he's down for the count. We need a mod to do it probably.

Bill
    Last edited by HiBaller; December 6th, 2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: More info

Blog Entries

Nothing so far-but I use Google Chrome.

Blog Entries

I've also run a full scan using the VirusTotal website - there are currently no active threats but that could change at any time - extreme caution is advised.

Shane
    Shane Turner

United States of America, New York, Bronx

Exclamation Link Removed.

Okay guys. The Link has been removed.

But it seem's there is no patience around here. People do have lives you know and Im not on the PC 24/7. Sorry that I had things to do and took so long to remove the link.

If the stuff is on the DLS, I can't seem to find the R143 Subway car. All I could find is the engine sounds but not the car itself.

Also, how was I supose to know who created the site and some of the content thanks to that stuipd hack? Is there another way to get the R143?

Blog Entries

Well,no threats have come from it.

Hello folks,

This "character" is Turkish and has hacked other websites in the past, not railway simulator ones either, so, I think the purpose is just to close the site down and cause a complete and utter nuisance, rather than infest everyone with trojans, etc, etc.
    As I haven't been on the site for several months, I can't remember now who the site owner is, but, as they've been going since about 2003, UTC days, if assets haven't been placed on the DLS library, then they won't be available anywhere else, I don't think.....Just have to wait until the site owner returns and rectifies the problem.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; December 7th, 2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: re-edit
    To see a bigger picture please click on the words full version underneath each screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by aking4125 View Post

If the stuff is on the DLS, I can't seem to find the R143 Subway car. All I could find is the engine sounds but not the car itself.

Also, how was I supose to know who created the site and some of the content thanks to that stuipd hack? Is there another way to get the R143?
    Its in the 3rd party section and the enginesound and engine u need to also download the MARTA

Just dont turn this into a witch hunt against user "arraial". Its not fair at all.
    No more reminders about that ex-railwayman. Last warning.