Interesting loads

cookiemae

Post your shots of loads you do not see every day. I will start off,
A load of pipes heading to L.A...

Screen_024.jpg

Concrete on its way to a construction site in Bakersfield, CA ...

Screen_012.jpg

And steel pipes on its way to a New Skyskraper in San Fransisco ...

Screen_010.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread, and wonderful pics everyone. I love the Tiger tank Phil. Here's my contribution:

Screen_029.jpg

Andrew :D

WHERE DO YOU GET THE SCHINNABLE???? THE 36 AXLE CAR?! IS IT FREEWARE OR PAYWARE?
why are you taunting me with this car?! Please, can someone tell me where to get these cars!

Hi LV --

The Schnabel - it's on the Download Station. Look for kuids 64241:110001 onwards. It comes in 17 parts.

Some time back I uploaded a session that featured this vehilce. Look for "IndustRail 6b Schnabel 1" on the Download Station.

Phil

Nice shots guys, when you are in Surveyor and you add your consists, click on a car with the ? button and what it can handle is displayed in a text page for the car. Choose the commoditys you want to haul and in what quantity, titaniclover

Hi LV --

The Schnabel - it's on the Download Station. Look for kuids 64241:110001 onwards. It comes in 17 parts.

Some time back I uploaded a session that featured this vehilce. Look for "IndustRail 6b Schnabel 1" on the Download Station.

Phil
I tried to search for that Kuid, and here is what i got:

No Downloads availible.

Some help here Phil?

Hmm --

You're absolute correct.

The real kuid is [FONT=Verdana, Arial]67761:100000 onwards.

Sorry guys - I can't understand how I was so wrong.

You might also like to look at kuid 58377:15801. It's slightly smaller version.

Misc_Schnabel_08.jpg

Don't be put off by the number of components in these vehicles. The effort of downloading and assembling is well worth while.

The other item of rolling stock that everyone should have is the oversize plate carrier, kuid
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]114867:1050

Unloaded it looks like this:

Misc_18.jpg

The first animation when loading plate steel involves the supporting arms moving outwards:

Misc_19.jpg

The plates load:

Misc_20.jpg

And the whole assembly rotates to bring the load within gauge:

Misc_21.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]
Would anybody be interested in a session using this freight car?

Phil
[/FONT]

thanks philskene, i am sure to make, something interesting, lol.
Ok, now, can i ask, who ever stacked the locomotives on the flatcars, etc. how dod you do that?

well, as promised....

WorkinALCos.jpg

Three ALCo's, 2 Ex. CR, one Ex. CR/EL, Struggle to keep a Schinnable, 8 Axle Flat Bed moving, with a Koumotsu D 515 R, (the biggest bulldozer ever made) for a load.

Cheers,
Sean A.
TER Route Builder

For those interested, I have just uploaded a session for Urban IndustRail 8 called "Oversize".

This does not refer to the size of fast food serving consumed by Chuck and Joe; rather it involves moving the oversize freight cars I've shown in the screen shots I posted earlier in this thread. The freight cars are the Schnabel, the high-capacity depressed center well car with multiple bogeys, and the animated out-of-gauge steel plate carrier.

All the items of rolling stock needed by the session will be downloaded from the Download Station when the session is installed, except you may have to download the bogeys for the out-of-gauge flat car (look for kuid 114867:1049) and the textures for the R class loco crew (kuid 44090:57003). Download Helper in TRS2004 does not capture them for me.

Be aware, however, that you might still get the "Missing Assets" black screen. This is because the steel plate car calls for two products that are unavailable.

You have the choice of using either a stream or a diesel locomotive. If you choose the steamer, fill the tender with coal and water at the coal stage.

The Dispatcher has given authority to undertake the tasks in any sequence.

The Schnabel at Invercargill Harbor is to be left beside the dry dock inside PhilSkene Heavy Industries (PSHI).

The out of gauge steel plates are loaded by moving the flat cars at the Foundry forward to load under the gantry crane. The cars will load when stationary between the yellow markers. Watch the animation. Unload the cars at the DEMAG crane at PSHI.

The empty high-capacity depressed center well cars are to be taken from PSHI and left at Invercargill Harbor for loading.

When completed, sign off at the Locomotive Depot. Class 1 railroad trains will be running at 5 minute intervals.

You are authorised to travel at up to 50mph except in yard areas where normal limits apply. You are authorised to stop when necessary for locomotive purposes.

A map and a readme are included in the folder containing the session. The readme contains full details of driving the steam locomotive in Cab Mode.

I'd suggest not trying to haul a consist combining the Schnabel with the plate cars using the R class steamer - you might have difficulty climbing some grades.

The map referred to above is:

UI8a_Oversize_map.jpg

If you are interested, look for this image on the Download Station.

UI8a_Oversize.jpg

Phil

Back