World's largest railroad car?

unbelievable,that is the first time I seen a railroad car that big,besides the locomotives themselves!:eek:

Hi PerRock

Could you please let me know what the name of this wagon/file is.

I have searched the DLS but cannot find it.

Dennis

Search: CEBX, and hicapyflat, schnabel, KRL, 6 axle, and Tanker 80ft there are quite a few large railcars on the DLS
http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php.

Tanker 80ft
kuid_86105_15102.jpg

Last edited:
kuid_39134_102438.jpg

Tank Car ACFX 8 Axel 85Ft by: bnsf50 KUID2: 39134:102435:2

kuid2_39134_102435_2.jpg

As well as:Tank Car ACFX 8 Axel 85Ft[FONT=Verdana, Arial] by:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]bnsf50[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial] KUID2:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]39134:102435:2[/FONT]

Last edited:
I made a series of multi-bogey cars called hi-capy flats. From four 4-wheel bogies to sixteen 6-wheel buckey bogeys. All require assembly in surveyor but instructions are included.

I also made the 4-bogey cars that NASA uses to transport the Soild Rocket Boosters for the space shuttle. A DLS search for NASA should turn them up.

Ben

Did anybody notice that the railcar was on a CN Train? This means, because CN is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, that there is at least one Canadian element in the train.

Why would a tank car need to be so big? I understand the Schnabel car's function, but what is the point of building such a long and heavy car for liquid when you could just load 2 or 3 cars?

Whale Belly's used to be quite common...now most are outlawed as the 6, and dual trucks cause many derailments, and the cars can not be humped in a classification yard.

And they built the huge prototype, so it would be reproduced in Trainz ... so you could enjoy running them ! :cool:

Last edited:
Here;s a little information on the tank car GATX 95' 39134:102438, that I built, this copied from the description.
Tank Car GATX 8 Axel 95Ft., 96' 7 5/8' total length, industry enabled with operating hatchs and loading pipe with dust effects, ARN (auto run numbers) and 4 LOD (levels of detail). Built by General American Transportaion Corporation in 1965. Number 96500 is the worlds largest tank car. Used for experimental purposes, transporting anhydrous ammonia and LP gas. This Whale Belly unit carried 60200 gallons and weighed 220 tons fully loaded. The Association of American Railroads has since adopted a maximum length not to exceed 89'.

Battleship Gons

See: Especially Page 2 http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=50307&highlight=battleship

kuid_56063_15044.jpg
Bottom_Left_Corner.jpg
Bottom_Right_Corner.jpg
Orange_VerticalBar.gif
Orange_VerticalBar.gif

Gondola6axleBN521422ant
Newer Version Available - View HistoryType:Rolling StockDownloaded: 8586File Size:1.24 MBFile Type:.cdpCreated by:majekearDate:8th December 2003Version:TRS2004KUID:56063:15044

(Helper)

Download Page | Add to DLcart

bogey.gif
CELX 3 axle Bogey[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Type:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Bogey[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Downloaded:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]3227[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]File Size:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]207.29 kb[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]File Type:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial].cdp[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Created by:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]vulcan[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Date:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]25th September 2008[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Version:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]TRS2004[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]KUID2:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]60238:50017:1[/FONT]

Last edited:
You can put this truck on 2 axle cars, and it looks pretty cool !

kuid2_60238_50017_1.jpg
Bottom_Left_Corner.jpg
Bottom_Right_Corner.jpg
Download (Helper)

bogey.gif
CELX 3 axle Bogey[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Type:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Bogey[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Downloaded:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]3227[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]File Size:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]207.29 kb[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]File Type:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial].cdp[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Created by:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]vulcan[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Date:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]25th September 2008[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Version:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]TRS2004[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]KUID2:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]60238:50017:1[/FONT]

kuid2_60238_15066_1.jpg
Bottom_Left_Corner.jpg
Bottom_Right_Corner.jpg
Download (Helper)

rollingstock.gif
LNG Tanker CELX 60 Ft[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Type:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Rolling Stock[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Downloaded:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]2302[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]File Size:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]408.44 kb[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]File Type:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial].cdp[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Created by:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]vulcan[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Date:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]25th September 2008[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Version:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]TRS2004[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]KUID2:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]60238:15066:1[/FONT]

Last edited:
I have had alot of fun putting the 4 truck bogies, and the CELX 3 axle bogie on alot of Trainz tankcars ... in actuality there used to be many, many prototype 6 axle truck & 4 truck, long Tankcars in the real RR world.

Back