Trains in Games

Command & Conquer Generals and Generals: Zero Hour both have trains in some maps. Generals has atleast two maps with trains in them. In one of those maps the objective is to blow up the railroad bridge to stop train traffic.

Paul

Last edited:
Here are good detailef trains from Battlefield 2. Sorry for the bad video details but i have installed the game some minutes ago. Now you can buy the entire BF2 collection by 10$:hehe:

And if a trainzer here plays BF2 online im rugbier17 if you want to play vs me :p

Cheers

Does Railworks become a game now that it had " zombies" in it? I can't tell if that was a bad joke or what but someone out there had to buy that.

I know it isn't confirmed yet but I'm throwing it out there that GTA V will have Trains in some way. Be it the LA Metro, or the Brown Streak again, it will have some sort of train in it.

And this isn't confirmed but I swear there is a cutscene with a train in it in Resistance 3. I feel like I seen once briefly in a trailer but my memory is foggy.

And I feel sad to even mention it but "Saints Row: The Third" has trains in it. Don't know if any of them move but I did see a rather, destroyed freight train in one of the promos.

Last new one I got isn't a game but knowing how much TV shows love to have games made of them, the show Hell on Wheels will have trains in it. Or it should considering what it's about.

Midtown Madness 2: The London map has an extensive, semi-realistic Underground representation that you can drive intro and the whole point of one whole mission is to complete a race through the network without hitting any trains.

MarioKart 64: An elaboration of jaxonjared's post, the Mushroom Cup Kalimari Desert map has a loop of train track paralleling and crossing the raceway in several places, there is a train circulating it that you have to beat across the railroad crossing.

In Castlevania Portrait of Ruin for the DS, the 'City of Haze' area (the first painting entered) features amongst other things the interior of a Victorian style railway station (literally called 'MARKT STREET' on the walls in bad English :p).

The same section also features a short section of underground rail tunnel which includes a four wheel open wagon that has to be ridden in to advance (which, strangely, smashes through brick walls blocking the tunnel. Why the tunnel is bricked up several times is never explained). :hehe:

Donkey Kong Country Returns has quiet a few Mine carts and one Boss Battle has you fighting Miner moles on a Steam train with a big drill on the front.
Heck even the ENTIRE fourth world is based on mines.

The latest version of Assassins Creed, Syndicate, you own your own train as the headquarters to your gang. As well as there being a few other trains around the map. There isn't really much that you can do with the trains besides ride on them (control wise). Here are some pics of train-related stuff from the game:

peter

Back