Trains in Games

One More

Call Of Duty:Black Ops
In one of the first missons... thers a Steam Locomotive that has no Tender(I dont know why)and it has a horn that is a airhorn......:confused:

Last edited:
Trains also make a very small appearance in The Simpsons: Virtual Sprinfield, in one corner of the map. It's just a string of never-ending boxcars, that are only animated when you move, but still.
And in The Simpsons: Hit and Run the damaged monorail you drive off the end of the track onto the highway! Shame you can't couple the monorail carriages and pull them too.:(

The boxcars are there too.

How's about Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks? The only way to get from place to place is by rail, and you can even take passengers and freight!

Well, not sure if any one has posted this, but in a recent DLC for Left 4 dead 1&2 there is "The Sacrifice" connecting the 2 sets of characters, and explaining the death of Bill (not going to spoil anything, even though it is a relatively old DLC by now). I know in the L4D2 version, you start out on a locomotive with the characters shooting from inside (or outside, not sure) That's probably where I'd be in a zombie invasion :hehe::eek:

-Conrail45

i am almostshure this has been said alot but why not gta iv subway route
if anyone has the game like i do you know it is a pritty good route
however
people always fall on to the tracks
cough cough not my fault
ah screw it
it is harlaous to push people infront of the train

Rainbow Six: Las Vegas features a freight yard and freight shed. The locos look European even though the scenario is supposed to be Las Vegas. The freight cars, in various levels of disrepair, are always missing couplers.

Grand Theft Auto IV uses what looks like Real NYCTA R38s. Since the game is a "copy" of New York City. The Subway makes sense.

Grand Theft Auto 3 Also has an elevated subway. The train looks somewhat like an R42 IIRC.

You cannot drive them in both games. Only ride them.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has driveable trains. A Passenger train, and a train with flatcars. The passenger train looks somewhat like an Amtrak FPH40. The other I can't really tell for sure because there's so many trains that look like that in real life.

With some mods you can drive other trains.

You start out in a subway car in Blood2 and have the train of Hell in Blood 1 you play on.

I believe Half Life has some
peter

Yeah, they are some sort of cross with Polish and American rail. The Alien trains are pretty weird and have a chilly horn!

Normal:
pioutside.jpg

Alien:
Depot_razor_train_map.jpg

"So wake up, Mr. Freeman. It's time to wake up, and smell the ashes..."

Hehehe.

Cheers,
Joshua

You can see a complete destroyed londdon underground in Resistance:Fall of men
The Brown Streak in GTA San Andreas
My favourite the train in Gears of war
I will post some pics
And in 18 wheels of steel some traiins like UP

Cheers

Mafia, this cutscene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9B1LuHonMM Pretty inaccurate crossing devices, rolling stock, and locomotive (it looks very European, horribly misplaced on a railroad set in a fictitious '20's era AMERICAN city, as well as the rolling stock). lol Just goes to show that creators of movies, video games, and other forms of media (except if its focus is railroading) will always get some detail wrong if railroads are involved. Yet they go above and beyond to ensure that other kinds of vehicles (especially cars, to no surprise) will be accurate down to the last ornamentation.

Last edited:
Speaking of Mafia, there are some nice looking trains in Mafia II. Clearly more American themed this time around, but the boxcar is clearly European. I really wish they played a larger roll in the game though. They're more eye candy then anything else.

Great game, but with a lot of missed potential. Thats what happens when a game is rushed to release and the developers don't have time to actually finish it.

UyB4i.jpg

I know Team Fortress 2 has a few trains:
On the maps cp_well & cp_freight_final(cp standing for Control Point)
A Train will come through around every 10 seconds(can also go one after another) on 2 separate tracks & if you are in the path, you die & a death symbol show a speeding train, then your name.

Back