Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

^Posts likes these are unnecessary. Unless you're contributing screens or asking questions, this sort of thing doesn't belong here.

-A

Nice screenshots, normhart. I like the way the poles just reach the OH wire. Really well done, and the road poles and pull wires look good, too.

Nice tramcar bodies, rather well done for Brisbane Tramways. Desto looks good, too. :D

Here are a few more, an out of service Drop Center heads up what may be Light St. (Not a lot of street signs to confuse visitors in Brisbane apparently.)

BTW Norm Hart.

You have the Trams running the wrong way.

We drive on the other side of the street in Aus remember .

That may explain why no Passengers on board ?

The street you referred to as Light St is Wickham St. and the tram has just passed the "Light St Depot" .

NormP.

Last edited:
BTW Norm Hart.

You have the Trams running the wrong way.

We drive on the other side of the street in Aus remember .

That may explain why no Passengers on board ?

The street you referred to as Light St is Wickham St. and the tram has just passed the "Light St Depot" .

NormP.

Ah, force of habit Norm. The weird thing is I thought about making sure I was on the left and still didn't get it right. So I am safe in assuming that the cross street there is Light St.?

I think Light St is a small Street at an angle to Wickham St almost opposite the entrance to the Tram Depot.
It looks like I missed placing it there ?

NormP.

Lots of trams don't have doors, google Early Staten Island Trolleys. I like the fire engine trolley especially.

Hello,

yes, that's right - there are a lot of trams without doors - especially in countries with a warm climate.
But during the past even in Europe it was common practice to operate trams keeping the doors open while moving from tram stop to tram stop.
In my hometown - Chemnitz - the whole network has been operated like this. Since there was no electrical equipment at the power cars to maintain any kind of automated door movement, all cars used to be equipped with hand doors. But eventually this hand door used to stay open at the right side of the whole tram train (mostly an assembly of one power car and two trailer cars).
Today our modern tram cars have automated doors but as a child I even enjoyed riding the old trams. Mostly I positioned myself just at the door and leaned outward for a little adventure - something I miss today :)

c1d7wcu7x70om0shx.jpg

tw-342-strassenbahn-karl-marx-stadt-august-829299.jpg

Your TUME

Last edited:
What if someone gets hurt or killed trying to get on or off a moving tram? I watched a TV show called "Scorpion" where Walter jumped from the platform to the side of a fast-moving subway train car.

What if someone gets hurt or killed trying to get on or off a moving tram? I watched a TV show called "Scorpion" where Walter jumped from the platform to the side of a fast-moving subway train car.

Well - if someone attempts to jump on and off moving streetcars - I would say that is up to their personally madness. Everybody should know about the danger of such things. So if they want to do it anyway, I don't care if they fail.

Again, today the streetcars have automatic doors anyway - but not to protect people from their own stupidity - just to prevent accidents. For instance if the streetcar is filled up with many people, someone could get close to an open door and could be pushed out inadvertently. That's what safety equipment is for.

BTW: It could be a kind of a callenge to create a door script for such hand doors (e.g. for heritage streetcars). Such a script would need to check the door state to force the user to open the doors (by hand - e.g. in cab mode or so - which woud create the requirement to transfer the cab-mode-door-state up to the vehicle). And if the doors at the side of the tram stop are still closed, the script would need to surpress any passanger interchange. This would create some interesting and more realistic sessions of heritage streetcar operations :)

Your's TUME

playing around with something different....

tramz_003.jpg

tramz_006.jpg

... anybody know how to get rid of that ID that appears on the front and side of that tram model?

Back