Updating DirectX 9.0c- how to do it

Just for kicks, if he's running Windows 8.1, make sure he has updated all the VC libraries. I had to download VC2005 Redist, both x86 and x64 version to remove a Side-by-Side error. I tried only the x64 version and got an error about incorrect C-libraries version installed. After putting in the 'x86 version, everything ran fine.

John

I'm not sure really. All I know is it has an NVidia card which stopped working after a system reset. As far as I know, nothing other than directx was removed that could affect CMP.

Well, I got rid of that error by reinstalling NVidia and DirectX 9, but NOW it says it can't get access to the UserData folder. What bearing does this have on the actual CMP, which has now started but seems slow and hesitant to do anything? I am running it as an administrator.

Make sure it's specifically set to run as administrator - simply running it under an administrator account is not usually sufficient.

Shane

It is set to run under settings as an administrator. CMP works, but having this error pop up each time I start it is annoying and inconvenient.

What page was that on ?

Seaching all the 149 threads ...

The person that I am asking this question for is not that computer proficient (and neither am I) that is why I asked for the link to Windows8, 64 bit DirectX9 ... Not what might, or might not, help ... please, a DirectX9 Win8 64 bit answer, please.

The links in the first page are 4 years old, and are for Windows7 ... Not Windows8, 64bit !

Can't find the redistributable link, nor the version for Windows8 64bit ... only can find Windows7 version

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555 is for windows7
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...11&clcid=0x409 is for windows7

Last edited:
The redistributable information in the first post in this thread will help - for an automated solution, there is also a link to my DXInstallHelper tool in that post as well.

Shane

I can see that actually getting these actual links printed out, in a full link form, is like pulling hens teeth, and the links are not even underlined in the first page, and therefore are very hard to even find ... and they are for only up to Windows7 ... and are not for Windows8, 64 bit

System Requirements
Supported Operating System

Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3

You can see my frustration: HERE

Last edited:
If you are after a full link, it may be better to click the link and copy and paste the address from the resulting page as it's become shortened on here due to forum formatting issues. In terms of the operating system side, I have successfully installed the redistributable version on a Windows 8.1 system.

Shane

That's the link for my automated DXInstallHelper tool - it may make things easier as all that needs to be done is to run the program, so that may be your best option.

Unfortunately, updating DirectX is always going to be complex.

Shane

Back