andicouk

Hi guys

I am having some major problems with content manager v3.2 in TS2010.

I have installed TS2010 as an add-on to my TS2009 and everytime i run the content manager i get an error message (red bar along the bottom) stating 'unable to contact planet aurun please check your internet and firewall settings' and a separate message in the download helper stating 'please check your firewall/proxy settings to access the download station'.

Everything worked fine in TS2009

I have checked the settings as far as i can and the firewall is allowing trainz 'full' access.

Any help from you guys will be much appreciated

Thanx

I am having the same problem content manager will not connect to server and the following above about check firewall and poxy settings . I am running ts2009 with service pk 4. I have to keep changing my password to try to connect with server. When i get connected they say the download station is full try again later when trying to download any kuids.

Please sort this problem if you can, please note iam running content manger v 3.3

I don't think it's a problem with your program. It may have been a glitch of some kind in the internet. Take a look at the Internet Traffic Report.

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/

There's some kind of spike of packet loss, which is when the internet times out, for both the US and the United Kingdom.

John

any tips to offer? how to get connect with the server with content manager
and when is the best time to use it, because i download regularly every day as i am trying to up date old content at present.

ps i have checked the site you have given us but very confusing.

uk time now is 4:45pm

Ok add me to the list :(
I guess in 9 years I have never seen the problem before. Mine is a little bit different, in that It connects sometimes and then it doesn't other times.

My problems started after I added the Duchess and the S&C payware packs and upgraded to MP.
The packs may be coincidental, but the MP beta frightens me a little.
Help Desk (well Zec S301) asked me to check my Fire Wall and he said...
set trainz.exe, contentmanager.exe, taddaemon.exe and trainzutil.exe as exceptions
So I right clicked the internet access icon, opened network and sharing centre, and bottom LHS found Firewall which I opened.
Top LHS allow programs through firewall....
Found Launcher 2009 ticked (TS2010\Program Files\Auran\TRS2010\Trainz.exe)
So even though I have not got 2009 installed I guess the address was still ok?
TaDDaemon.exe (E:\TS2010\Program Files\Auran\TRS2010\bin\TADDaemon.exe)
Trainz (E:\TS2010\Program Files\Auran\TRS2010\bin\trainz.exe)
TrainzUtil.exe (E:\TS2010\Program Files\Auran\TRS2010\bin\TrainzUtil.exe)
Content Manager (E:\TS2010\Program Files\Auran\TRS2010\bin\ContentManager.exe)

Now i found other Trainz entries as well
I saved left and reopened Content Manager and it connected. I played Multi Player for about 4 hours and shut down the machine.
Next day the fault had returned, and the firewall showed all exceptions in place. I ticked both private and Public boxes and it made no difference.

I have loaded Trainz on an older machine running XP. I have no problems on this machine

Does CA Security Centre have a Firewall??

If so how do I find out if it is the problem??

Cheers
Rod

As far as I know only Windows 7

However it might be possible that this horrible CA Internet Security suite plus 2010, has added something else or another firewall, as I suspect.
Cheers
Rod

Back