Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland WIP

no castle Caernarfon, school hater was making one one could be made using kevmts bogeys possibly??
gelert needs making clam may give it a go?? but i thinks hes busy with other things atm.
speak to paulz trainz about ng15s as he has made them he could add bits for the tender on 134.
and clams tackling the carriages and it will be done when done.
Thanks clam for the info on the updates i will do them on the carriages but il reskin the 2009 version of the ng16 on sirgibbys website to the current liverys for my own use and i will attempt to do the k1s curret livery as well and if they are any good il contact the creators for permision to release them.

I was just looking at K1 and thinking it needs a face lift for WHR use.

NG15's I'm wondering if they will end up as coal fired or oil if one ever gets finished, could be a few years yet.
Seems Lyd will be reverting to coal firing later this year.......... May have to add the coal, if they do, all of 2 minutes to do if needed just pinch Lew's bunkers.;)
Gelert is probably easier than an NG15 that we don't know the colour of or the finalised tender design. I believe they are moving the dome along the boiler as well, something to do with hills, water level and reverse running. Probably better to wait for some more accurate details as I suspect they may vary from the one on Pauls Trainz and he'd need that info to do a suitable mod, if willing, probably have to be a commission.

Malc, your shots are fantastic! Keep up the awesome work.

Not sure if this is the right place to put these:

Found these shots from a while ago.

Last edited:
Not mine, in fact never seen those before.

A few shots on updates on my version, high res images. Still got some refinements to do and there is a bit of clipping of mountains in the first shot.

:udrool: Stunning...

p.s. whose speedtrees?

Thanks.

100% Pofigs Trees, 99% his bushes, 1% some bushes I was experimenting with, in front of the cottages at the crossing, created with a pretty basic program called tree generator, exports to dxf, pretty rubbish for trees but distorted in 3ds or Gmax shrunk and a few polys removed and re-textured you can produce reasonable bushes with it.

Very nicely done on the FR/WHR route my boy! What are your future plans for the next batch of rolling stock you're going to make with the new routes?

Getting there, just made assets for Dinas station, goods shed, and the other shed, the hoist, lamps and planted a few more thousand trees and made a few bridges, will stick some more screen shots up later on.

Getting there, just made assets for Dinas station, goods shed, and the other shed, the hoist, lamps and planted a few more thousand trees and made a few bridges, will stick some more screen shots up later on.

This is absolutely fantastic, instantly recognisable! The only thing I would say is that there are nowhere near enough trees at Meillionen.
If you need any help just ask I have my sectional appendix at hand so any info about loco's, carriages or track plans is easy to find!

Just a few bits that I've picked up from further down the thread,

2090 is still in use, its just further down the F set, its quite handy tbh as it gives the stewards a place to replace the hot water tanks in the trolley, as well as a place to shove bikes, prams, wheelchairs et al (we don't use the bike wagons any more, although they do still exist).
Lyd has indeed gone for coal firing this year, as has NG G16 no.138 (which means that we no longer have an oil fired garrat)
The NG15's will be coal fired (coal really is that much cheaper than oil atm)

Last edited:
OK some longish distance shots to give an idea of how the whole route is progressing, I still have some prototype buildings to make to replace the stand-ins in several places.

wow:udrool: !!! the whole routes looking great. Did you make the people in the screenshots, they are very realistic.

cheers

Thanks for the comments guys.

People are mostly made by neoklai75 and are animated and are from a Russian site http://neoklai.ucoz.ru/ (use Google Translate) plus some of arraial's from the DLS.

No need to make my own as there are some excellent ones already available.

Back