CB&Q 4-8-4s

by blue prints do you mean this:
2jenaiwi.jpg
ecgkJnHE.jpg

Wgadansk did a payware version (I hope all of his past offerings re appear on K&L trainz!) that is Highly worth buying.

Nice Steve..When wiil it be done?? I haven't been able to get Bill's into TS12 build 61388..I'm sorry to sound like a begger..

Bill reworked model looks good! Hope to see more of his past work resurface.

You and me both! Bill has some great locomotives and I hope they can make the move into the latest build of TS12 and later T:ANE.

Dave

I agree

It's a pretty good engine I'll say, and I was was surprised on how it was scrapped a few years AFTER it was saved, all because of a freakin derailment.:(

It was like dick Jensen didn't even give a damn when CB&Q 5632 & GTW 5629 were scrapped, but at least he got his comeuppance when he died a few years after.;)

I'm pretty sure he was hated by a lot of people because of what happened, he should haved sold them when he had the chance. :hehe:

It served him right though, he was a bigger jerk than Alfred Perlman ever was. those two are one of the few people in real life I can hate.:D

literally I can relate to it.

But still, It looks good none the less.

Now then, I'm wondering. Why is it that every once in a while whenever I'm the last person to comment, people stop posting?:confused:

It worries me!:eek:

It was scrapped a few years AFTER it was saved, all because of a freakin derailment.:(

It was like dick Jensen didn't even give a damn when CB&Q 5632 & GTW 5629 were scrapped

Jensen purchased the engine when the CB&Q changed management and cancelled the restoration of it in 1966. He stored it in a roundhouse while it was still torn apart and the roundhouse ended up being sold. And they pretty much told him he had to vacate within 48 hours....obviously that wasn't going to happen. So when he couldn't remove it himself, whoever bought the property took it and moved it and derailed it, so they just scrapped it there. Thats why he filed and won the lawsuit.

Last edited:
NTSEFAN; said:
It served him right though, he was a bigger jerk than Alfred Perlman ever was. those two are one of the few people in real life I can hate.:D

literally I can relate to it.

Alfred Pearlman wasn't a jerk, he did what was required for the railroad to survive. He saved both the WP and the NYC from going bankrupt.

Jensen purchased the engine when the CB&Q changed management and cancelled the restoration of it in 1966. He stored it in a roundhouse while it was still torn apart and the roundhouse ended up being sold. And they pretty much told him he had to vacate within 48 hours....obviously that wasn't going to happen. So when he couldn't remove it himself, whoever bought the property took it and moved it and derailed it, so they just scrapped it there. Thats why he filed and won the lawsuit.

OH! So THATS what happened! I didn't get the full story is all.:eek: :eek:

Alfred Pearlman wasn't a jerk, he did what was required for the railroad to survive. He saved both the WP and the NYC from going bankrupt.

Yes, I am aware of that, but that's NOT the reason why I said he was a jerk. :p

The REAL reason why I said he was a jerk was NOT because he is one, but rather ONE thing he did that was very unforgiving that i'm sure ALOT of NYC fans would know.:p

HE WAS THE ONE WHO NEARLY HAD ALL OF THE NYC STEAMERS ON THE ROSTER SCRAPPED AND HE DIDN'T EVEN GIVE A DAMN OF WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM OR THEIR LEGACY, NOT EVEN THE FAMOUS HUDSONS AND BECAUSE OF THAT, HE NEARLY DESTROYED THE NYC'S OWN LEGACY BECAUSE OF IT!!!!

Sorry about that. It's something I've been wanting to get out of my systems for a while. That's the real reason why. If I did a 50 hated characters meme, he be on the list for THAT one reason. :)

Hope this explains a lot.

you understand?

Last edited:
I understand. Aside from that, which I agree is unforgivable, he made the NYC a viable company again, at least until the early 60's. He streamlined their operations and cut costs. I guess he thought that the NYC couldn't spare the money to preserve any steam locomotives. Thankfully, two Mohawks were saved, but I wish he had saved a least one Hudson and one Niagara.

I understand. Aside from that, which I agree is unforgivable, he made the NYC a viable company again, at least until the early 60's. He streamlined their operations and cut costs. I guess he thought that the NYC couldn't spare the money to preserve any steam locomotives. Thankfully, two Mohawks were saved, but I wish he had saved a least one Hudson and one Niagara.

Thanks. I was hoping you would. I guess you might be right about something. It was a relieve that at least two of the Mohawks survived. It was because one of them was sent to texas to replace the heavily vandalized T&P 638 which was scrapped in the early 50s before being sent to the museum of transportation in st. Louis while the other was hiddened by workers by stacking boxes all around the engine itself and it was hidden like so for years before being sent to the NYC museum in Elkhart Indiana. HOW did mr. Perlman himself not even notice, I'll never know. But I have heard a society is planning to build a replica of a Hudson numbered 5475 someday and who know maybe a Niagara would be possible.

I have putted in my fictional railroads history where some of the NYC steamers where bought for the line itself for mainline work as well as branch line work and it was to reflect on THAT exact reason. I may attempt to rewrite my railways history by extending it as well as modifying the NYC lawsuit part one day, but for now, I'll leave it like so for now.

I do intend to do a story where in Nick the steam engine Nick helps the NYC steamers on the line for a few days and gets curious as to how the NYC steamers here have survived, where Chris the NYC Hudson (5434), Billy the Niagara (6025), Victor the pacific (4927), and the Mohawk siblings rover (3124), roger (3128), and Mohawk (3135) tell nick their story on how they have survived and their lives from years before on the NYC.

Also, have you seen wildnorwesters series sodor the early years?

When I look at this and what you said, it reminds me of the episode Little Western Legacy where in 1934 the North Western Railway was desperate for money and some of the older engines were sold for scrap. the fat director wasn't too happy about it, but their was so little he could do, but at least he did take neil. Among the engines who where scrapped were Roger and Clive from the S&M along with Adam and Colin from the W&S. It was all because of a financial crisis by the railway's inspectors.

I notice that lily wasn't there with the others when they where scrapped, It leaves me to wonder that she may still be out there either she's hidden somewhere or may have been bought by someone else and chances are IF she has survived, she might join the North Western Railway fleet and MAY become their number 16. I think she and neil have two things in common, they're both number 2 on their lines and they both have not been scrapped(I hope in lilys case). Who knows, we might see in sodor the modern years about lilys fate.

If you do know wildnorwester or know someone who does, do you think you can pass on what I said?

Thanks alots and appreciate for what you said earlier.

Okay then, Lets hope we can get back to the CB&Q 4-8-4.

Back