Doncaster to Cleethorpes

Aroger

i have just purchached TS 2010 and would like to find the Doncaster to Cleethorpes branch line . being new to this 2010 sim could someone advise me where to find it or do I have to purchace anything else . any information would be very welcome.:) :)
Roger.

Enter the ECML map and under :find object" type in Cleethorpes. Or if you are familiar with the route you can easily find it.

If you park a train at platform 4 at Doncaster facing North and after the first girder bridge bear right and you will be on the Doncaster to Cleethorpes branch calling at Kirk Sandal, Stainforth, Thorne South, Crowle, Althorpe, Scunthorpe, where you can amble around the steel works, Barnetby, where you can reverse and go to the Lincoln stations and on to Newark where you can rejoin the ECML, Brooklesby, where you can go up the Barton upon Humber line to New Holland Pier or to Immingham docks, Habrough, Stallingborough, Healing, East Marsh sidings, which lead to Grimsby Docks or the back line to Immingham, Grimsby Station, Grimsby Docks, branch to East Docks portal, and then on to Cleethorpes, for a candy floss.

Enjoy

Doncaster to cleethorpes

I'm sorry but i still can't get Doncaster to Cleethorpes. would it be possible for some kind soul to give me step by step instructions as to how to get it. put it down to my old age. Many many thanks in advance .:eek:

Roger

Head south out of Doncaster, hang a left & go through "Gainsborough Lea Rd" - "Lincoln Central" - "Barnetby" - "Grimsby Town" & into "Cleethorpes".

(scenic route ;))

Or use an AI to take you there.

Select a train placed at Doncaster Pt 4 facing north and use the go to track mark option and click on C and select Cleethorpes Pt 1

Yes there is two ways to get to Cleethorpes form Doncaster by either heading via the Hull line or the 'Joint Line'. The main route from London was to tun off the ECML at Newark. This of course was when Cleethorpes were serviced by Deltics from the Cross ;)

Cheers
Stuart

ECML Project Leader

Well, usually class 47s to be honest! But how I miss them! I hate changing at Doncaster. Why oh why can't we have a restoration of direct trains from Kings Cross to Cleethorpes? Please, please!!! :p

Paul

Correct as none were ever diagrammed to work this service, sometimes never seen for weeks. Similar to 1D07 09.12 Kings Cross – Skegness and rtn which was also Deltic hauled.

Cheers
Stuart

ECML Project Leader

There was a campaign to reinstate the through service, in fact MP for Lincoln, Gillian Merron campaigned for it.

Mind you, she also campaigned to keep open local Post Offices, which she then voted in the house to close. (party line & being a member of the Whips office), 2 faced comes to mind.

There was a campaign to reinstate the through service, in fact MP for Lincoln, Gillian Merron campaigned for it.

Mind you, she also campaigned to keep open local Post Offices, which she then voted in the house to close. (party line & being a member of the Whips office), 2 faced comes to mind.

Well, if by some miracle the libdems win, we might actually end up with a real railway system again given that it's one of their campaign promises.

of course, that requires 2 miracles to happen - the libdems to get elected, and a politician to keep a promise.

Back