Screenshot question

NTSEFAN

trainz rookie cartoonist
I know this is a dumb question but I need to know.

How do you make and post screenshots?

Cause I have started a new screenshot thread known as "Nick The Steam Engine Screenshots".

Preciate to have a answer.

Screen shots are taken by pressing the PrtSc key on your computer keyboard. This places files in your ..\Program Files\Auran\(trainz version)\ScreenShots folder. If they're in .tga format, convert them to .jpg format with a graphics probram. Now upload them to a Photoserver site. Then you can post them in your "Nick The Steam Engine Screenshots".

Bob

Also, I've just recently set up a web site for sharing screen shots. It's just getting started so there aren't a lot of shots there yet (mostly my own), but it's a bit more searchable than the forums (you can browse by railroad, poster, date, etc.), and you don't need to find separate image hosting to link to like Bob (rweber95) mentioned; once you have your screen snap, all you need to do is go to the web site, click "add photo", and follow the instructions, they get hosted right on my site. I've really tried to make it as easy to use as possible:

http://photos.digitalrails.net/

So, It should be easy to do right?:confused:
What I would like is for someone to explain how to take screenshots step by step since I'm running TRS2006 on a Windows Vista Home Premium.

thanks.

"Prt Scr" button on you keyboard takes the screenshot. I will be in a TGA format in your PC somewhere. You must convert the TGA to be a jpg, using Free Irfanview, or some other image manipulating program. You upload the jpg to a photo sharing site like Photobucket. Once there, you hover over the Image Details and "copy" that "Direct Link", or the "Image Link", and you post that tag line in Trainz forum...sounds difficult ? It's not...even I, can doo it.:hehe:

With TS09/10 the screenshot is automaticly a jpg format.

Last edited:
If you just want the pictures for yourself, then do nothing other that taking them with the PrtScr key and they will be saved in your ..\TS2009\ScreenShots or your ..\TS2010\UserData\screenshots folders, depending on which version you have.
Cascaderailroad was explaining how to put your screenshots into the Trainz Forums.

Bob

Because I don't want to start a new thread, how would you take a screenshot on a Mac Keyboard??(ctrl+prntscn= what on a mac??)
Jamie

Free stuff

http://fly.to/mwgfx/

Download and install the DLL package, then get ConVim and install that. ConVim will convert from any format to any other format, most image hosting sites require compressed .jpg files.

http://www.imageshack.us/

Upload to that, then select the direct image link, click on the Insert Image icon and hit CTRL and V on your keyboard to paste the link into the window.

Irganview

Go get Irfanview, it's free and will do all the converting you will ever want, plus resizing and all sorts of other things.
Just Google it.

Angela

The MS "Snipping Tool" on your PC Accesories, saves your area of your monitor screen, that you drag a box on your screen, as a jpg to your "Pictures" and uploading to Photobucket is easy !

Thanks guys! You really helped me out alot.:D

If there is a problem, I'll just come back here.:p

Last edited:
Sorry for bringing this old thread up, but very important question to ask.

Which graphics program would you guys recommend if I was to convert my images into .jpg format if they're in a .tga format?

And yes, I pretty much know how to take screenshots by now.

Guys, I have a problem.

I did just as how you told me on how to take a screenshot and yet I cannot find it.

What am I doing wrong?

Back