Screenshot question

I haven't got TRS2006 installed at the moment so won't be able to check the exact method, but one of the ones who does will be able to.

Shane

Sorry for bringing this old thread up, but very important question to ask.

Which graphics program would you guys recommend if I was to convert my images into .jpg format if they're in a .tga format?

And yes, I pretty much know how to take screenshots by now.

Use free Irfanview-Batch Conversion

Where exactly is the screenshots folder? I tried looking for it and I cannot see it.

Prnt Scr ... Look in C:programFiles/Auran/TRS2006/Screenshots ... select the tga, open in free Irfanview ... convert it to a jpg in your PC Pictures folder ... You can make a new folder there and rename it: "Irfanview Batch Conversion"

Once you have the jpg saved, and uploaded to a image hosting site ... clear out the contents of your Screenshots folder regularly, as you no longer need the tga, and tga's are very large in size

Last edited:
Prnt Scr ... Look in C:programFiles/Auran/TRS2006/Screenshots ... select the tga, open in free Irfanview ... convert it to a jpg in your PC Pictures folder ... You can make a new folder there and rename it: "Irfanview Batch Conversion"

Once you have the jpg saved, and uploaded to a image hosting site ... clear out the contents of your Screenshots folder regularly, as you no longer need the tga, and tga's are very large in size

Okay, I think I got that now. But one question.

What if there is no screenshots folder? What do I do? Do I make one?

The MS "Snipping Tool" on your PC Accesories, saves your area of your monitor screen, that you drag a box on your screen, as a jpg to your "Pictures" and uploading to Photobucket is easy !

So I open up MS "Snipping Tool" on my PC Accessories first, then start up the game to take the shot I want?

There should be a "Screenshots" folder inside the TRS2006 folder ... In Trainz press PrntScr and see were the TGA saves to ... it will need to be converted to a jpg, using free Irfanview/Batch conversion, then uploaded to a image hosting site.

If there is no screenshots folder, you could make a "New Folder" inside the TRS2006 folder, and rename it "Screenshots"

Seeing that you started this thread in 2010, (and it is now 2015) if you get free Skype, I will show you how to do it.

Last edited:
Back