Show your models!

MY FAVS:
Kato CB&Q E5:
3edc288d637b0d25fa99a00afbc8bfda.jpg

Atlas MEC E7 (Custom Paint):
ee62c2f77ab01e49ecbd2f69500ef3d3.jpg

Kato CPR RS13 (Custom Paint):
02a6aedcc803be73df097ff845c2c98a.jpg

Bought this at the Brisbane Model Train Show, for the extremely low price of $75. The body is scratchbuilt on the chassis of a 1980's Hornby 9F.

I will edit this with a better picture when I take one!

Kieran.

My compact end-to-end shelf layout with plenty of shunting opportunities :)

* The picture is at an angle for a reason as to capture the entire trackwork I have managed to build on a short wall shelf. Power to the layout is supplied by a hand-held single track Gaugemaster controller. The track, points and buffer stops are all OO gauge Hornby stock.

* My Locomotive fleet includes -

** Hornby Triang Dock Authority shunter
** Hornby BR Class 06003
** Hornby BR Class 06 'Robert Horne'
** Hornby BR Class 08419
** Bachmann BR Class 20028
** Hornby BR Class 31111
** Bachmann BR Class 37427
** Bachmann BR Class 37239 in railfreight coal
** Hornby BR Class 50011
** Hornby Breakdown Crane with supporting match-trucks

# The last four diesels have directional working lights

--------------------------------------------

Hornby Triang Dock Authority Shunter (R253)

I completely disassembled this loco in order to properly clean out loads of grease and dust accumulated over many years before I purchased it. I've also rewired it with new wire as the old cable was in a poor way, and checked that the original headlamp bulb is still working too. Since I carried out major cleaning and repair work, this vintage diesel runs as good as new considering it is the same age as myself.

Last edited:
My streamlined steam:
bae8ee4abb2dda610a4dc6033502e703.jpg

Even though I model the east coast, due to the amount of ATSF sleepers I own (one for the PRR, two for the NYC, one for the B&O, plus three two tone grey pullman pool sleepers) I do model the ATSF Chief, because of all of the through sleepers it carried. So, I have two PCM PA/PB set and a Walthers baggage:
740de7e157076b36cbca5e5f60f3a7b5.jpg

And my first high-end locomotive: an Athearn Big Boy from the 2001(?) run.
4aff0592a6e0a12d28a2ff0ff65cd7fd.jpg

'New' model! This is a Tri-ang Railways 'Jinty', made in 1958. The motor has been re-wired and so it works as well as one would expect a 55-year-old motor to.

Other modifications include fictional boiler stripes, a new number, and front-and-rear lamp irons. These modifications were on the model at the time of purchase.

How much did I pay? Only $20!

Kieran.

A quick video of my 'Big Bertha' and Tri-ang 3F. The two red coaches are also new, they are early 50's Tri-ang models. The 3F is a Tri-ang Railways model. Yes, there's a difference. :p

Kieran.

All pics taken with my iPhone.. not great quality but eh you know.
Decided to go ahead and put a new table in my room and build a small little model on it.
14819767694_c5f231c69f_h.jpg

This right here is my favourite model I have. Athearn Big Boy 4020. This, like everything else needs dusting, of course. I need to straighten out those small little rod things on the front.
Good time to do it now I'd say.

BNSF H1 Dash 9. The front guardrails and other bits of the front are damaged, but otherwise appears to be in great shape. Picked it up at a train show near here years ago.
14819766714_30408b5a67_h.jpg

ATSF GP38 (I think it is, right? not totally sure there. gonna say it is.) I got this along among other things in a box of HO scale model stuff my friends dad gave me. Front truck is
damaged as you can see. Missing both hooks too. Would love to get this fixed sometime... maybe now is a good time.

And lastly for my current stuff not in boxes, BN F7 9710 and BN Caboose 11445. Caboose is in excellent condition, just needs dusting really. F7 is missing both hooks and needs some
cleaning but overall is pretty nice. Got both in that same box of stuff as the GP38. Also in the back is some bags of Life-Like Landscaping material.
14635580177_1bcda895bd_h.jpg

I've got a lot of stuff stored away.. track, NYC coaches, old damaged models... lot of it. All is HO scale, except an O scale NYC Lionel thing I have in my basement. Should dig that up maybe.

Last edited:
Excuse the horrible picture quality but I was so excited. I got X4020 5 or 6 years ago and it hasn't moved or been turned on since I got it.
14835850144_05113d8bfa_h.jpg

I even put a video on YouTube of its first run in 6 years (or so.)

Best day of summer, hands down.

And more video from me! This time it is No.2290 'Big Bertha' running up and down the loop at the local model train club's layout. :D

Kieran.

Please excuse the double-post but it was not possible to edit my earlier one to include this.

I recently passed Six Million views on YouTube so I made this little music video to celebrate. :)

I hope you all enjoy it.

Back