Ftp files

pinga

Im having problems width the install.

The problem is that it pops up massages about ja1,2,3 and cant copi. Thought the files where damaged and downloaded again. same issue.

I have been reading some threads in here and i want to download it from the FTP instead but all i can find is very old files and not TS2010 that i purchaed.

I have looked in all the dirs.. any sugestions?

Best regards
Thomas.

Hi,

Sorry, it's not clear.

Which version are you trying to install?

(I'll assume 2010)

Are you trying to install from DVD - or from download?

If you bought the DVD set, then it is possible that you have a disk manufacture error - there should be a replacement set sent to you (contact helpdesk - link at top of forum screen)
If you have the DVDs, then there is no way you can access the 2010 download files.

If you bought the Download version, then use "profile" then "order history" will have the links.

I had problems with the first set of DVDs - the two DVD drives I have in my PC would read different parts of the discs. Eventually my Wife's PC's DVD drive read the discs and I could use the home network to install.

Some people find that copying the DVD to the C:\ drive allows it to install.

HTH

Colin

ftp

The ftp option on the DS will download onto your PC. I use a dedicated folder called 'Auran daily downloads' to put them all in each day and then install from there in the normal way by double-click and so on.
2010, as far as I know, is backward compatible with older files. There are some exceptions but in general they should install fine. In this case the Trainz world is your oyster!
I assume these are files from either the DS or a CD? In each case it makes little difference, a cdp is a cdp whichever way you look at it.
I use several versions of Trainz so use the special download folder so I can then put them into the oldest version first and gradually work up to the newest. As you have just the 2010 version that won't be a problem.

Hope this helps,

Angela

sorry

Hi.

Sorry i wasn't clear enogh before.

Im downloading TS2010 that i have bought.

It pops up with different files that i cant copi when try to install. I have tried to download serveral times but i still get the same problem.
Have tried to deactivate Antivirus.

And then i read something about a FTP to download from.

When i login to the FTP (details is under profile FTP) i only see files etc that are very old.

I cant download the files from profile - order history because the exe file and the last file points to a *.htm file that it download in stead.

Well the links are in the email that i have received but i get the problem with copy of files when i try do install.

Can you help me how to download the files from the FTP and why i only see older files on that FTP. (login details are in the profile - FTP section)

-Thomas

And then i read something about a FTP to download from.

When i login to the FTP (details is under profile FTP) i only see files etc that are very old.

The FTP for the digital download of ts2010 has the files configured to be hidden, you cannot see them.

The Download links page gives you the path names you need to download, and you need to tell your ftp program to manually download a pathname, since you will NOT be able to find/see the directory or files.

:)

The adresses in the mail are http adresses..

Well i must try to find other ways to download the files to i can get playing.

It works

I think i have downloaded the files 5 times now.

Then i tried to place each file in its own folder. Installed and every time it ask for the next file i browse for it. Downloaded the currupted files seperatly and now its installed and i can enjoy my trains.

Next is to test if it works which i hope it does

Hi,

Glad that you managed the downloads (that's the reason i bought the DVDs)

Remember that the first things to do:-
1) Register the serial number with Planet Auran
2) use Content Manager - enter your forum name & forum password
3) wait for the database to rebuild (coffee and a book! - > 30 minutes)

Also remember to go to the routes page and click on the Star "*"

Colin

Back