Which's one best any computer for trainz

nickelplateroad

Hi!,

I would know about computer get better for trainz. Cause, i don't want any trainz 04-06-09-10EE crash and other concern system.

I'm planning buy new one this month by March or April. Just let me know which's one better compter for trainz? doesn't matter for DELL or HP or other rebuilding desktop....

Cheer,

NKP

I hope come back my processing in gmax.....:)

First of all, how much (maximum) will you pay for a new computer for Trainz? Then we can help you properly and give you machines that fit into your price range.

Hi!,

I would know about computer get better for trainz. Cause, i don't want any trainz 04-06-09-10EE crash and other concern system.

I'm planning buy new one this month by March or April. Just let me know which's one better compter for trainz? doesn't matter for DELL or HP or other rebuilding desktop....

Cheer,

NKP

I hope come back my processing in gmax.....:)

I'd hold off looking for a month or two, nVidia have a new video card due out March time frame, 40 nm, directx 11 and Intel has some six core cpus due out then as well. TS2010 can use six threads which fits nicely. Mentally budget $2k.

These will have an impact even if you don't buy them by lowering other top end products.

Cheerio John

Mentally I'd say $2,000 will get you a very nice machine but I'd hold off until March / April time frame before deciding which one.

WOW!! My eyes's big fear!!!. "$2.000" too much!!!!! I did counts all pennies not enough cost.. Have you show me any lists and pictures. send me email.....I'll look at ...

NKP

If you're into building your own, here's a nice rig I was considering a few weeks ago:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=50044&page=2

I've decided to hold off a bit.

Alternatively, Tigerdirect also has a barebones with an i3 530. Add in a nice graphics card like the XFX GT240 or 250 ($50 difference in price) and you should have a nice, Trainz-friendly rig for under $500. But, as with most barebones, I'd consider upgrading the power supply, a good one of which is somewhere in the previous thread I gave above.

Knock on wood, but having been building my own machines since 1991 (and, really, even way before), I've found that machines I assemble myself always perform far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far better than pre-built, name-brand rigs. I do feel that pre-installed sh!tware (Norton, McAfee) anti-virus packages play a very major role in inhibiting performance, but homebrews can usually be built with a more optimum set of parts, and you can choose what you install, and what you do not.

Whats your baseline? What do you have now? Are you happy to keep your current monitor ?

$2000 US quoted above seems a lot of money for a Trainz capable PC to me. Although I agree, it would be nice ! Depending on your expectations (ie, do you want HD at minimum 60 fps, or would you be happy with 1440x900 at mosty 25 fps?), you should be able to get something 'of the shelf' that will run Trainz at a satisfactory level of performance for less than half that.

Phil

Hi,

One of the interesting parts of the Trainz world is equipment costs -

John estimates $2000 - now ask "is that $2000 US or Canadian"

I'd guess a good desktop would be about £800 (Stirling) - laptop about £1200.

Unfortunately, computer costs don't tranfer well between countries - look at MS software. The release price in the US (in US dollars) usually translates 1:1 for the UK so we pay the same numbers - but in Pounds Stirling (and the currency exchange is not 1:1!).

Best advice is to ask yourself - how much can I afford?

Best value is probably to assemble your own - but motherboard bundle (these are with CPU & memory installed and working) add a decent case, PSU, graphics card, keyboard/mouse and monitor and hard disk + Software and away you go.

Colin

Howdy Alec,

Are you considerring a Notebook or Desktop ?

Your probably holding back for now which is probably a good thing. It pay's to shop around, also depends on who you know aswell to steer you in the right direction...

I'd purchased an Asus - K7010 series notebook in early Dec for $1500 AU, (minus being discounted from original retail price worth $1700), 17.3in screen, 4gig ram, 1gig gfx, downgraded to XP, it's fairly reasonable.

Good luck on hunting for a new rig!

chuffy

Think $1000 and get a Dell Studeo XPS 8100, 6G RAM, NVidea GT2xx video card, i5 or i7 CPU. Monitor extra.
The 8100 is a minor revision my 8000 (see below).

Back