What is the Largest Train You Have Driven?

jmeinig

Potatoes
The largest train I have driven was a 16,000+ ton train of 90 UP 3 bay hoppers, fully loaded with mineral. I had a Big Boy pulling it at 26mph.! Feel free to post what your largest trains have been in Trainz.

I've used a SINGLE Big Boy to pull 1,000 (yes, one thousand) boxcars. Granted, they were built-in paintshed ones, but I put together 50 cars, then made a consist out of them, then just kept adding to the consist until I got one thousand cars. I used the Robe River Iron route, and even then, the computer got maybe 5 FPS trying to move all thousand cars at once. I did get up to 27 mph before it crashed, though. GO BIG BOY!

The heaviest train I have pulled was a Huge Boy with I don't know how many hopper cars but they were filled with Iron Ore and the train weighted close to 39,000 tons. Got up to 25 MPH before starting up Shermins Hill then slowly I stalled on the hill.

hert:wave:

The heaviest train I have pulled was a Huge Boy with I don't know how many hopper cars but they were filled with Iron Ore and the train weighted close to 39,000 tons. Got up to 25 MPH before starting up Shermins Hill then slowly I stalled on the hill.

should have used the Huge Boy lol

should have used the Huge Boy lol

LOL maybe you need glasses:hehe: I put in bold what I wrote, I did use a Huge Boy and it still wasn't enough power.

EDIT: Sorry iam just joking with ya sorry I couldnt resist

Last edited:
150 89 foot Flatcars with loaded Trailers.

Across Sandpatch grade

With 2 F's on the front, 2 more pushing...

4 miles an hour, all the way.....

LOL maybe you need glasses:hehe: I put in bold what I wrote, I did use a Huge Boy and it still wasn't enough power.

EDIT: Sorry iam just joking with ya sorry I couldnt resist

i have glasses and i see cant see lol

trainz.jpg

i made the biggest train lol

Last edited:
My G scale LGB DR 99 6001 and 9 short wheel base cars of various descriptions, regularly around my Garage G scale layout! :D

Phil

While I was testing the BigBoy, I drove a 24,500 ton test train in Cab Mode... it took more or less 10 minutes and lots of sand just to start it, but once it moved I reached 25 mph on flat terrain.

Back