New Aircraft

Mattsmith28,

To follow on from Gordon. The terminal buildings/building splines & air bridges are "Vulcan" assets. There's loads of airport bits under his kuid (60238). You'd be advised to have a look in content manager & get familiar with what's available. Also look at Willem2 assets for airport buildings, hargers, gate markers & taxiway markers. There are also a couple of seaplane terminals under his kuid (97008). Bill is a prolific asset creator and does very nice work. Other than Gordon's assets, there are also a bunch of Auran built-in airport bits that tend to start with "Airportx" in the title.

If you need to see what aircraft are available, use "Aircraft" as your search criteria in either DLS or Content Manager & you'll find a frightening array of aircraft types & liveries. Note that some are static (non-drivable). The description will typically indicate the nature of the asset. The drivable aircraft will typically have the phrase "a drivable aircraft..." in the first few lines.

Last edited:
I made some time before a reskin of a Dash 8-400 of the French Sécurité Civile. It was only the configuration for passengers or freight transportation.
But these aircrafts can be changed to water bombers, by adding a water tank below the fuselage.
The Sécurité Civile operates 2 of these aircrafts. They are mainly used to drop retardant chemicals.

Both are here now for Trainz with all functions.

One parameter in the config allows to add or remove the tank, and activates or not the water spray. See explanation in the config.

Here is the n°73:

Dash8-SC-73-std_zpsc6ef268f.jpg

and the n°74 in action:

Dash8-SC-74-larg_zps74b65e00.jpg

The water drop should be done at 230 km/h speed, and as low as possiblr to increase the"mass" effect of the water.

Soon at the DLS.

Pascal

Boeing 737-36Q Canadian North Airlines

On final approach to YVR Runway 30 a Canadian North 737 passes over the Richmond float plane terminal. It's come down from the North West Territories.

B737-36QCanadianNorth02_zps532c8afe.jpg

In 2011 Canadian North Airlines started replacing their aging 737-200 fleet with slightly less old 300 series aircraft. Canadian North are one of the last airlines to fly the old birds. The current noise & pollution regulations pretty well exclude the 200 series with their dirty noisy engines from most modern airports these days. You can see the different engines in the screen shot below.

B737-36QCanadianNorth03_zpsdcfb6645.jpg

Canadian north have also set about retro-fitting winglets to the 300s. The winglets reduce the amount of fuel burnt on the longer flights.

The 737-36Q turns onto runway 26R for take off before banking right over downtown Vancouver & heading back to Yellowknife.

B737-36QCanadianNorth01_zps8136db67.jpg

Available now on DLS.

Boeing 737-36Q Canadian North (2011+) Startup <kuid2:590184:100285:1>

Last edited:
Very nice work Rob, the airfield is looking great.

New engineering fuselage arriving at Air New Zealand Maintenance in Christchurch.

Gordon

Wow - some amazing work been happening on here in he past few months! New aircraft, new airport modules and plenty of new reskins! I've been moving house, upgrading the a newer Trainz and trying to sort through missing kuids (such fun) and can see I'll be busy playing catch-up for a while yet!

Gordon,
Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't done much on my airport for a while but have just been taking the screen shots from different places. You, on the other hand have been advancing your CHC airport significantly in recent times.

Welcome back itsmrb.
I'll bet the moving saga is something you'd rather not go through again in a hurry. It always seems to take so much more effort & stress than it should.
Yes there have been some developments of late & they're still coming. Vulcan has been busy modelling for Pascal & me and we've been taking full advantage while he has his modelling mojo. I notice you've updated your B737 aircraft to the more prototypical 200 series models. The new 200 series model really does make a difference don't you think?
Nice work as always. Keep up the good work.

Go to vulcans website, ians trainz, you'll find a link there from Rob on how to reskin, I think there is also a list of aircraft trigger settings there to download, required refference when using boats aircraft trigger.

Gordon

Last edited:
if anyone is good at Making Ocean Liners (ships) could u make the HMHS Britannic and the SS United States, if you can Message me
P.S i use my Trainz on 2009 and 2010. and i used to use my tablet but it wont work so Message me
deltic1955(Sean)

Last edited:
Gotta say--- that "super Transporter or as it's known now "buluga" is the ugliest airplane i've ever seen! Model is good, though--- i'll stick with 767s for cargo... :p

Is there a tutorial any where on how to repaint an aircraft?

Mattsmith,

If you click on my signature banner below, you'll find the same link.

Some friendly advice. Get a hold of the PEV Trainz Mesh Viewer freeware (http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tut...ies/pevsoft-trainz-tools/trainz-mesh-viewer-2). It will make your life so much easier. I've indicated the standard Trainz methods as well as the PEV Mesh Viewer method. Definitely take the PEV path because it's so much quicker & clearer.

If you get stuck, post to this forum or send a personal message to me, Vulcan or Papou. Use Vulcan as the last resort unless you need the model changed. He's very busy with his need & updated models so it's best not to distract him with something either Pascal or I can help you with.

Needless to say, any help we can get from people wanting to do re-skins is much appreciated. Some day I would like to slow them down so I can do some route building again.......

Good luck.

p.s. I just sent you a personal message.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob,

yes I'm quite enjoying these new models - thanks Ian :)

A few recent models released into the wild of the DLS include:
D0o7G4.jpg

In the front - 4 variations of the 737-219, and looking good if I go say so myself! (DLS keywords - ZK-NAC, ZK-NAD, ZK-NAE or ZK-NAF)

For a bit of variation are also the largest I've re-skinned so far and the smallest:

t6nqOM.jpg

First is Sounds Air's former Cessna 172N, (DLS keyword - ZK-EKE)

PqNrJy.jpg

... while the second is also a small tiptoe into the Australian scene with VH-TAC, an Airbus A300-B4 from Australian Airlines (formerly and perhaps better known as TAA - Trans-Australia Airlines).

Finally, a peak into the paint shed shows the next likely release...
tJruPK.jpg

still in Australia, the classic DC3.
g4gstT.jpg

PS: Mattsmith, the online tutorial is a great help - I've used it when figuring out how to re-skin and still sometimes refer back to it as a handy reference tool!

You've been a busy boy itsmrb. Nice work!

When Vulcan first showed us the B737-200 series model I knew there would be some interest in it. It's a bit outside my own re-skin time frame but I figured there would be a few NZ upgrades that you'd jump on.

That's a serious airport Matt. Judging by the aircraft its one in the UK somewhere. Keep the screen shots coming.

Last edited:
Bombadier Dash 8-Q402 Continental & United

One of my first contributions to the Planez community was to update a Dash 8 from an old school model with continuously rotating props to a startup version. I then changed the badging over for the United Merger.

Well its time for another upgrade. Vulcan has kindly revamped the Dash 8-Q400 for us (triggered by Pascal's water bomber). The template asset is currently on DLS and is called "Bombardier Dash 8-400 South African Express Startup" under his username/kuid.

I've started a run of updates & new re-skins for the Q400s and the first ones complete are the two original releases, The Continental Connection & United Express.

Dash8-q402Cont-02_zps9148590e.jpg

The feature you'll notice immediately is the addition of the passenger door. This will look the part next to the other regional aircraft with similar doors. A little more subtle is the changes to the nose cone & front windows. You may be able to see the difference below with the older model "Horizon" aircraft in the foreground.

Dash8-q402Cont-03_zps917bcadc.jpg

There have been the obligatory updates to avionics like startup flashes and slow down triggers. Most line up with the other regional aircraft like the CRJ. The most obvious of these improvements is the addition of wing flaps. None of the Dash 8s have had them until now. Also included are animated cruise speed transparent props like most of the new prop aircraft models.

Dash8-q402Cont-01_zps299d9669.jpg

In all there's been a fair amount of modelling work done by Vulcan but I think well worth it. These are very popular aircraft world wide so there should be many re-skins & many uses for them on many Trainz routes.

The names are slightly different to the original with DeHaviland substituted with Bombardier. The original name, DeHavilland was wrong as Bambardier took over Dehavilland before they started making the 400 series. The KUID series is the same, now version 4 & 2 respectively.
The updated Dash 8s available soon now on DLS.

Bombardier Dash 8-Q402 Continental Connection (2008+) Startup <kuid2:590184:100077:4>
Bombardier Dash 8-Q402 United Express (2012+) Startup <kuid2:590184:100148:2>

Last edited:
Back